When you start your Forex trading, you’ll understand that it pays dividends to make use of every available “tool.” Thanks to the right set of “tools,” you will be able to push forward your trading strategy, improve your results, and effectively generate further profits. So, what can easily take your forex trading efforts to the next level? Forex trading signals happen to be those “tools” that can be received via email, SMS, text, and even via social media platforms. They usually represent need-to-know data related to the Forex market. Thus, a signal is an on-the-fly update that you can integrate into the forex trading operations that you proceed with.
Table of contents
Knowing Signal Formats
Forex signals are often generated via a reliable Forex signals trading service. Through these services, you will decide to implement signals automatically or manually, depending on your needs and preferences.
The benefit of heading down the automatic signal is that it encourages unemotional trading, along with high execution trading speed. The downside of heading down the automatic signal is that you are putting faith in service by taking the decision-making process out of the equation.
The benefit of heading down the manual signal trading is that it puts the final decision in the hands of the trader, while the intelligence aspects are still has some value. At the same time, you do forgo speed when you rely on manual forex signals, but many traders are ready for such as sacrifice to increase control.
Types of Signal Services
While many signal services feature similar credentials, they aren’t of the same size. Generally, signal services are usually represented in one of the following four forms:
- Free or unpaid signals, generated through a voluntary service;
- Paid or purchased signals, generated from a provider that delivers an algorithmic or personal analysis;
- Paid or purchased signals, generated from cumulative signal systems or sources;
- Signals, generated from trading software that is located on a trader’s computer.
There are numerous forex signals out there. But the most common signal types used by active or prospective forex traders commit to memory:
- “Action” is a straightforward, call-to-action-style signal that usually takes the form of a direct “Buy” or “Sell” statement.
- Stop Loss is an exit point that aims to protect your investment. A signal will take you out of a trade before you start losing invested money.
- Take Profit is triggered once a profit level reaches a set rate.
- Current Market Price is not a direct call to action, but rather a notification of information.
Before You Use a Forex Signal Service
Using a forex trading signal service is not a hard thing to do. All you need to do is to create an account before managing the information within your trading account. This idea can often lure some into reading, using, and understanding forex trading signals that are a quick-fix strategic plan. While reading a simple signal, you should pay attention to it as it may serve you with a bite-sized instruction. Before you start using a forex signal service, you should have some basic knowledge on this subject matter:
- Figure out the difference between forex signal providers. You can hardly find Forex signal trading services that would be similar to each other. Most of them range massively in quality. Success rates for signal services range from the high 60% to a considerably lower indicator. Remember that you should check properly every forex trading signal service before giving some reaction to it. It is important to grasp what exactly you’re signing up for before you go deeper into details.
- Figure out your risk tolerance. Considering a high level of volatility and leverage, Forex trading involves a high level of risk. Thus, it’s possible to lose some financial resources in a second. And that’s something you should understand very well. Popular trending pairs, such as the XAU/USD, are well-known for their dynamic swings. So before you check a Forex signal you receive, you should get familiar with the related risk level not to get into trouble later on.
- Figure out the market conditions. An emotionless recommendation is what Forex signal will inform you about. However, this doesn’t provide an excuse for not realizing the market. Don’t forget to learn about the current market conditions and the limitations before you react to every Forex signal.
The Bottom Line
When you choose to trade Forex, you need to focus on every available edge. The biggest edge you can think of comes in the form of Forex signals trading. The reason for this is quite obvious as signals represent the missing connection between the top of market conditions and lagging behind the most active traders. As you can see, the signals can be of great value if you monitor them properly.