Data center, IT and Operations Architects can now secure their web applications whether they are on-premise, in a virtual environment or in the most popular public cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS). This article provides guidance on architecting security for cloud-based web applications.
Today’s cloud and security teams are asked to do more with less.
Although the capabilities and cost of select SecOps solutions have kept pace with the widespread adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud, many organizations try to protect their expanding cloud workloads without the proper support. Learn about the top challenges teams are facing when building in the cloud and how to solve them.
Testing practices have changed over the last four decades to keep up with technology and fast-paced software development. Today companies are investing more and more in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to stay ahead.
Software development is riddled with challenges and many are already developing AI-based solutions for those problems. This article which was written by leading experts in AI and ML to bring you the latest technologies and innovations in the world of software quality.
This article will discuss:
- Today’s main challenges in releasing a high-quality product
- How to use AI and ML to overcome these challenges
- Where AI and ML can augment major dev and QA initiatives
- What the future of software quality will look like
- Current challenges in releasing high-quality products
- Measuring Software quality in the AI world
- The Future of Software Quality
In this digital era, organizations are forced to trade off between faster time to market and flawless user experience. In this article, we will discuss:
- How AI is impacting software testing
- The current challenges with test automation
- How AI can help solve these challenges
- How testers and developers can embrace AI
- The future of test automation
Delivering an ASIC-based product to the consumer market is always challenging. Manufacturing costs must be kept down, and on-time delivery is critical. Read the case study and learn how digitalSTROM, an ioT company delivering home automation solutions was able to:
- Cut ASIC manufacturing costs
- Deliver products on time to distributors
- Ensure high quality and reliability of its custom chip
- Handle peak demands in short notice
For companies that make parts, components, and other products, the IIoT is integral to creating smart factories that leverage high-speed communication and computing for real business impact. With the Industrial IoT (IIoT) becoming a key tool in the creation of smart factories, leading companies around the world are using the IIoT to bring operational technology (OT) and informational technology (IT) together for their success.
Connecting business processes and applications with the industrial internet of things provides manufacturers with a treasure trove of actionable data. This article explains how the powerful partnership of PTC and Microsoft enables companies to bring smart manufacturing to life.
By creating a universe of connected things through leveraging the powers of the IIoT, leading corporations are able to:
- Collect and analyze data more efficiently
- Optimize their business practices
- Improve their customer experience
- And drive new revenue streams
Cyber threat actors, whether on premises or in the cloud, are adept at escaping detection. Every second counts when trying to stop sensitive data from being stolen and sold on the underground marketplace.
SecureWorks provides the top five strategies for success at minimizing dwell time and identifying threats as soon as possible. This white paper includes questions to consider along with recommendations that will help organizations of all sizes resume operations more quickly and determine root causes of threats to avoid re-compromise after a cloud data breach.
What You Will Learn:
- How a Cloud Incident Response Plan is unique
- How 24×7 monitoring reduces speed to detect
- Why threat intelligence enhances your cloud security
- When to augment your skills with cloud expertise
- How to protect your brand reputation and financial bottom line
Continue reading “Strategies to Optimize Cloud Security and Accelerate Transformation”
‘Digital transformation’ relies too much on technology and not enough on strategy and processes. From a company focused on enabling technology solutions for our clients, we know this sounds a little crazy.
Advanced technologies have paved the way for a new competitive environment, unlike one we’ve seen before. Organisations have turned to adopting the same technologies their newer, younger competitors were built on, in an effort to transform themselves – embarking on what’s become widely known as ‘digital transformation’ or DX.
However, DX doesn’t seem to be paying off for everyone. Last year, businesses spent $1.3 trillion on digital transformation globally, of which
$900 billion was wasted. Closer to home, with only 8% of Australian organisations seeing results from their digital transformation efforts, something clearly isn’t working. We believe the focus needs to shift from technology to strategy – the first step to overcoming barriers to transformation.
So, why do some succeed while the rest struggle? Read on this article to explore the current transformation landscape, the barriers faced by mid-tier organisations, and discover steps you should take to accelerate your transformation.
- Barriers to adoption for mid-market businesses
- The digital transformation myth
- Six steps to overcoming barriers and accelerating transformation
- What’s beyond the myth
Continue reading “Barriers, Challenges and Moving Beyond Buzzwords in Digital Transformation (DX)”
Improve profitability and maximise return on capital across the operations and asset lifecyles to enhance competitiveness, improve customer experiences, and cut the hype. Discover what Digital Transformation could mean for your business, with insight on:
- Why Digital Transformation is driving competitiveness across industry
- How Digital Transformation empowers people and uncovers new opportunities throughout enterprise value chains
- The steps and technology to develop and implement a Digital Transformation strategy
This Article is aimed at IT pros working in organizations from small businesses with fewer than 25 employees, all the way up to multi-national corporations with thousands of employees. The unique value proposition offered by Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) makes it a viable option for most — but not all — disaster recovery (DR) scenarios.
In particular, DRaaS offers sophisticated availability strategies to guard against loss of data during natural or man-made disasters. DRaaS is a solution that all IT pros should consider when and where DR requirements, budget and complexity cannot be addressed by traditional DR options. This article expands on the capabilities of DRaaS and where it best fits in an IT DR portfolio.
Continue reading “Disaster Recovery As A Service Solution (DRaaS) Capabilities and Unique Value Proposition”
Cybercriminals have always been financially motivated and cryptocurrency mining is the latest trend in generating revenue by abusing the same age-old malware attack vectors previously associated with ransomware dissemination. The recent Bitcoin craze, with the currency peaking at $19,000 per unit, has focused cybercriminals on crypto mining, instead of traditional ransomware. In fact, crypto currency-enabled malware is increasingly outdoing ransomware in popularity, with the rise in adoption picking up significantly in the past six months.
Bitdefender’s telemetry has been studying this phenomenon and today releases an in depth report into the ways cybercriminals are targeting cryptomining. Cryptojacking Whitepaper which will teach more about the emergence of cryptocurrency as a security concern.
- The true magnitude of the problem – One of the most interesting attacks involved the use of industrial control systems. The industrial control systems, supervisory control and data acquisition servers of a water utility in Europe were used for the first time to mine Monero. A scary thought
- Impact in the data centre – The more cryptocurrency has been mined, the more resource-intensive the process becomes. This makes it unfeasible for cybercriminals to target and control pools of individual users. It is expected that large data centers and cloud infrastructures are next in line
- Country-by-country breakout of cryptomining and how it compares to the trend in ransomware reporting
One reason for the growth of crypto mining is from the emergence of browser-based web scripts that make it easy for cybercriminals to compromise high-traffic websites and plant cryptocurrency mining script. This is often done instead of deploying traditional spear phishing campaigns to infect a large number of victims, as ransomware does.
Learn about identity and access management top category of concern for I/PaaS deployments in organizations plus a look at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Some report highlights include:
- The most common violation types in public cloud infrastructure (IaaS) like Amazon Web Services
- What activities security teams are setting DLP policies around across SaaS and IaaS
- Specific recommendations for policies across SaaS, IaaS, and web
- 71.5 percent of CIS Benchmark violations in AWS occur in Identity and Access Management category
- 64.1 percent of DLP activity violations in cloud infrastructure occur with downloads
- Enterprises have an average of 1,246 cloud services in use, an increase from 1,181 last report
We break down the key things to know about building a strong social media network for your blockchain startup.
In this article, you’ll learn about different types of DBaaS services, discover the signs your company is ready for DBaaS, learn the advantages of DBaaS, and get a checklist of questions to ask while evaluating potential DBaaS vendors.
There’s no doubt that public cloud offers a number of compelling benefits for IT leaders. Faster time to market, greater agility, and an OpEx vs. CapEx model are just some of the reasons why public cloud growth projections continue to soar. Before any workloads are migrated to public cloud, some groundwork is in order. This groundwork will help IT leaders determine which workloads are best suited for public cloud, as well as prepare and execute successful migrations. This article looks at both common cloud migration mistakes to avoid as well as the best way to succeed with your organization’s own cloud efforts.