Microsoft released an optional cumulative (preview) update KB5015880 on July 21, 2022 (C-Week). This is supposed to fix numerous bugs in Windows 10 1909 Enterprise LTSC as well as in Windows Server 2019. Below, I provide an overview of these updates.
The information about the updates can be found in the Windows 10 update history page. It should be noted that these updates are so-called preview or preview updates. These are optional and must be manually triggered for download and installation by default.
The cumulative preview update KB5015880 is available for Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC, Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC, Windows 10 IoT Core 2019 LTSC as well as Windows Server 2019 and raises the build to 17763.3232. As a highlight, Microsoft says it has fixed an issue that prevents certain troubleshooting tools from opening. Here’s the full list of improvements as well as the fixed bugs:
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain troubleshooting tools from opening.
- Addresses an issue that causes port mapping conflicts for containers.
- Addresses an issue that causes Code Integrity to continue trusting a file after the file has been modified.
- Provides the option to configure an alternate login ID for an Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) adapter for on-premises scenarios. You can disable the alternate login ID as required. To configure the Azure MFA ADFS adapter to ignore an alternate login ID, run the following PowerShell command:
Set-AdfsAzureMfaTenant -TenantId '<TenandID>' -ClientId '<ClientID>' -IgnoreAlternateLoginId $true.
- To restart the ADFS service on each server in the farm, use the Restart-Service adfssrv PowerShell command.
- By default, the adapter configuration will not ignore alternate login ID (IgnoreAlternateLoginId = $false) unless explicitly set to $true as in the command above.
Addresses an issue that prevents the Storage Migration Service (SMS) from completing inventory on servers that have many shares. The system logs error event 2509 in Microsoft-Windows-StorageMigrationService/Admin channel (ErrorId=-2146233088/ErrorMessage=”Invalid table id”).
Addresses an issue that causes Microsoft’s deduplication driver to consume large amounts of nonpaged pool memory. Consequently, this depletes all the physical memory on the machine, which causes the server to stop responding.
The update is optional and is only offered when the user explicitly selects optional updates for installation in the settings page. The update can also be downloaded and installed from the Microsoft Update Catalog. The latest Servicing Stack Update (SSU) is integrated. Microsoft lists several known issues with this update in the support article. Further details can be found in the support article in case of doubt.