Can’t install app problem with error code -504 usually happens due to a slow or inconsistent internet connection. Try to connect to a different Wi-Fi network or wait for your internet connection to recover back to normal speed.
The detailed error message as below:
Error: Unknow error code during application installation: “-504”
Can’t install app: App can’t be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (Error code: -504)
This article will show you a full list of possible solutions or workarounds to fix error -504 at the Google Play Store.
Solution 1: Clear Data and Cache
If your internet connection is stable, but you are still facing Can’t install app problem with error code -504, follow the below steps to clear the data and cache for Google-related services.
Step 1: Go to Settings > Apps > All > Tap on Google Play Store.
Step 2: Tap on Force Stop then Clear Data and Clear Cache.
Step 3: Perform the same steps for Google Services Framework and Google Play Services, Download Manager as well.
Solution 2: Remove and Re-add Google Account
Step 1: Go to System Settings > Accounts > Google > Remove your Google account.
Step 2: From the Settings > Apps > All > Force Stop, Clear Data and Clear Cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework, and Download Manager.
Step 3: Go to Settings > Accounts > Google > Add your Google account.
Step 4: Restart android and accept all the Google terms.
Step 5: Re-run Google Play Store and update or install your app.
Solution 3: Clear All Running Apps
Unknowingly a series of running app working in the background, thus consuming data and storage capacity. Perform the below steps to get rid of it:
Step 1: Go to Settings > Application Manager > Manage Application.
Step 2: Select all the apps that are running in the background and clear the screen.
Step 3: Go to Settings > Application Manager > Google Play store.
Step 4: Select Force Stop, then click on Clear Data and Clear Cache.
Solution 4: Reset App Preferences
Resetting the app preferences will reset the preferences for the apps such as restricted permissions, disabled apps, background data for the restricted app, notification. The following process will not remove your data.
Step 1: Go to Settings > Application Manager or Apps > More.
Step 2: Click on Reset app preferences.
Step 3: Select Reset Apps then press OK.
Solution 5: Other Considerations
Other fixes to be considered:
- You can try enabling then disabling Airplane mode or switching your source of internet connection.
- Make sure the Date, time, and Time Zone is correct, and try to install the app and update.
- Uninstall the updates of Google Play Store, go to Settings > Apps > Uninstall Play store updates.
- Ensure you have sufficient storage space on your Phone storage.
- Ensure that your internet connection is stable and fast enough to load the Google Play Store app because problematic on slow connections and can give errors due to heavy app in terms of graphic content.
- If the above-mentioned workaround still not working, then probably the app is not compatible with your device.