Microsoft Access users affected by Access ACCDE/MDE bug which destroys Access run time and apps after applying July 12 Patch Tuesday update Office updates to all versions of Access mainly Update KB5002121 for Office 2013 and Update KB5002112 for Office 2016.
This bug affected all Microsoft Access in Microsoft Office 365 and Office 2013/2016, etc. When calling a form in the Access package by opening an ACCDE or MDE file in Microsoft Access, the following error message is displayed:
You have entered the expression On Load as the event property setting. This expression has caused an error: Requested class library or wizard is not a VBA project.
Requested type library or wizard is not a VBA project.
Follow the below solution steps to resolve ACCDE/MDE bug “Requested class library or wizard is not a VBA project” in Microsoft Access.
If you have Access to the original database that was used to create the ACCDE/MDE, and users are on a single version of Office, you can re-create the ACCDE/MDE file using the same version of Office that users are on.
Microsoft released the following monthly updates for the MSI versions of Office 2013 and 2016 on August 2, 2022 Microsoft Office Updates (2. August 2022), to fix the VBA library bug:
- Update KB5002248 for Microsoft Office 2016
- Update KB5002250 for Microsoft Office 2013
- Error when trying to open an ACCDE/MDE file created in a different version of Access
- reddit > r/MSAccess > Issues with KB5002112/KB5002121 (VBE7.dll).
- Microsoft Community > KB5002121 breaks MS Access runtime applications