Are you a Steam user who can’t launch Warzone or MW3 after the Season 2 update? You’re not alone. Many players have faced the same frustrating issue, which seems to stem from Steam itself rather than Call of Duty.
But don’t worry, there’s a simple way to fix this error and get back to your game.
Table of Contents
Fix 1: Restarting Steam
To address the issue of the Modern Warfare 3 app not releasing on Steam, begin by restarting your Steam desktop application. Ensure the closure of all app-associated background processes. After this simple restart, you’ll regain the ability to resume downloads or engage in gameplay directly from your library, ensuring a smoother gaming experience.
Fix 2: Verifying Game Files
Should the issue persist, possibly stemming from a faulty update or damaged files, conduct a thorough integrity check on your game files with these straightforward steps:
- Open Steam and go to your game library.
- Right-click on Call of Duty and choose “Properties.”
- Select “Installed Files” from the left panel, then click “Verify integrity of game files.” This process ensures the detection and resolution of any corrupted or missing files, guaranteeing a seamless gaming experience.
Fix 3: Clearing Download Cache
If the problem lingers despite previous attempts, a strategic move involves clearing the Steam download cache with these straightforward instructions:
- Launch Steam and click on “Steam” in the top left corner, then select “Settings.”
- Navigate to “Downloads” in the left panel.
- Locate “Clear Download Cache” and click on “Clear Cache.”
- Confirm the action, leading to a temporary log-out from your Steam account.
- Reconnect, and you should now enjoy uninterrupted gameplay, free from the previously encountered error.
If the Error Persists
If the error stubbornly persists despite applying the aforementioned solutions, consider the following steps:
- Official Support: Reach out to the official Activision support team for dedicated assistance.
- Additional Cache Clearance: Explore further by clearing the Steam download cache. Head to Steam settings, select the ‘Downloads’ tab, and opt for ‘Clear Cache.’
- PC Reset: If challenges persist, initiate a straightforward PC reset as a last resort to potentially overcome the persisting error.
It’s crucial to acknowledge that the “App not released” error in MW3 may stem from issues with the latest game update. In such instances, exercise patience and await Activision’s resolution of the problem for a smoother gaming experience.
That’s it! You’ve successfully fixed the app not released error for Warzone and MW3 on Steam. Now you can enjoy the latest features and updates of Season 2 without any hassle.