What is the best PHP framework available in the market today? There is no strict answer, yet, if you are interested in studying Laravel benefits, you are at the right place.
Laravel is a popular PHP framework with its own features and advantages. PHP frameworks provide developers with the platform that allows them to develop web applications. It will enable developers to build web apps in no time, which is a major reason it is in high demand for web projects. Asides from Laravel, other PHP frameworks available include Symfony, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Zend, Yii, etc.
To facilitate the web development process for programmers, frameworks are used. This article describes what the Laravel framework is, its amazing features, and summarizes the benefits you can get from using it. Let’s get started!
Table of contents
What is Laravel?
Laravel is a free PHP web framework created by Taylor Otwell for web application development. It was created with an attempt to provide a more advanced framework that could provide what the CodeIgniter framework lacks, which includes the built-in support both for user authentication and authorization. Laravel has an elegant and expressive syntax. It is a very accessible tool, easy to use yet powerful to produce large applications and not compromise the functionality.
Features of Laravel
The best features that have made Laravel popular among software developers today include:
- Template Engine: Laravel framework has built-in lightweight templates that can be used as simple or complex layouts for content seeding.
- Eloquent ORM (object-relational mapping): This ORM is faster than other PHP frameworks and includes a simple PHP Active Record implementation. It also allows the writing of database queries with PHP syntax.
- Libraries & Modular: These pre-installed Object-Oriented and Modular libraries help to check active users, reset passwords, hash Bcrypt, encrypt and provide CSRF (Cross-site Request Forgery) protection.
- MVC Architecture Support: This ensures separate presentation later and business logic with improved performance, security, and scalability.
- Database Migration System: This system helps to expand web application database structure reducing data loss when code changes. It also creates a database table and inserts a column.
- Unit-Testing: Laravel facilitates unit testing. It can run multiple unit tests and ensure that recent changes by the developer do not break the web application.
- Artisan: This is a built-in command that creates database structure, a skeleton code, and manages migration. It also helps a developer to create their own commands.
- Security: Laravel framework offers strong web application security. Hashed and salted password mechanism is used to secure passwords.
What Are The Benefits Of Laravel Framework?
Laravel benefits are enormous. Its increasing popularity owes it to the undeniable benefits gotten from its use. It offers too many advantages than can be mentioned, but here is a summarized list of some top benefits you can get from using Laravel.
With Laravel, you can get:
- Seamless user authentication and authorization
- Cross-platform integration with mail and messaging systems
- Fast caching integrations
- Safe transactions
- Forms that manage errors
- Automated testing processes
- Fast URL routing
- Separate business logic and presentation codes which offer easy revisions
- Prioritized messaging in queue
- Smart scheduling for all of your in-app tasks
- Design templates that are beautiful and unique
- Multilingual web application
Here we have shown what makes Laravel unique, the features that make it popular among developers, and what you can benefit from it. Laravel continues to grow and increase in popularity in the industry. Most projects today are also being developed using the Laravel framework. Why not get started with the Laravel framework if you want to enjoy the many Laravel benefits and build your web application with ease?