With hundreds of new and updated feature announcements across Microsoft 365, it can be challenging to track when the feature or change is available in your tenant. To help you track feature availability in your organization, Microsoft will provide a release status for each new and updated feature announcement in Message center
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 108078
This feature enables customer administrators to see the release status of the Microsoft Teams, Outlook on the Web and Microsoft admin center features announced on Message center. The release status will provide information on features that are scheduled, rolling out, or completed on their tenant so they can efficiently plan for the change.
When this will happen
- Targeted Release (if applicable): We will begin rolling out mid-December 2022 and expect to complete by mid-January 2023.
- Standard Release (if applicable): We will begin rolling out mid-April 2023 and expect to complete by mid-May 2023.
How this will affect your organization
The release status will initially be available for a limited number of Microsoft Teams, Outlook on the web and Microsoft 365 admin center feature announcements. Admins will see three release statuses in the “Status for your org.” field on each applicable message which will be updated over the lifecycle of the feature release.
- Scheduled: The feature is planned to release, and is not available to the applicable users in your organization
- Rolling out: The feature is beginning to roll out to some applicable users in your organization
- Launched: The feature is available to all the applicable users in your organization
Updates to feature release status will be provided on the original Message center post. Filtering capability on “Status for your org.” field will allow easier visibility on the updated release status. The release status will sync to Microsoft planner as part of the notes, if Planner sync is turned on in Message center.
The release status will ONLY be available for generally available new and updated features that are also announced on Microsoft 365 Public Roadmap. If you do not see release status on a message, it means the release status is not available for that feature.
What you need to do to prepare
You may want to consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate. For more information, please visit this Track new and changed features in the Microsoft 365 Message center.
Message ID: MC485549
Product(s): Microsoft 365 Admin Center
Cloud instance(s): Worldwide (Standard Multi-Tenant)