When I try to unmount a datastore from the ESXi host using vSphere Web Client, an error about resource datastore is in use is showing.
- How can I determine what is causing the datastore to be busy?
- How do I unmount a datastore from ESXi Host in the vSphere Web Client when getting an error about resource datastore is in use?
Go to the datastore on the left and click on VMs on the right. Something might have an ISO mounted if there are no VMs directly running from it.
From the OP, perform the following actions:
- Check for open processes using the following command:
vsish -e ls /storage/scsifw/devices/<"naa. id of your datastore">/worlds/ |sed 's:/::' |while read i;do ps |grep $i;done
- Restart management agents on the host(s):
- Reboot vCenter server (or at the least, restart vCenter services).
You should be able to unmount and delete the datastore.