iOS8 users reported that Spotlight Search show no result when try to search for something on it. Here’s some method possible to fix this issue.
- Go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search
- Deselect and select all the available search results by simply tapping on each one.
- Return to Home screen and swipe down from the middle of Home screen
- Go to Settings > General > Language & Region
- On the iPhone, tap on iPhone Language. On the iPad, tap on Other Languages…
- Select your preferred language > Done > Change to the selected language
The reason why this solution may work is because Spotlight Search works with certain languages as specified by Apple on its official website.
Send an email message to yourself via iPhone or iPad.