Many Pokémon GO players encounter currently unavailable login issues with their Pokémon Trainer Club (PTC) accounts, experiencing unavailability errors. This guide addresses the problem and provides a workaround to ensure uninterrupted gameplay.
Table of Contents
During events like the Squirtle Community Day, players faced login problems with the PTC, missing out on special in-game opportunities. Players reported sudden logouts and inability to access their accounts due to the PTC being down.
I was suddenly logged out from Pokémon GO, and when I try to log back in, it says “The Pokémon Trainer Club is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience”. I hope I’m not the only one?
Niantic acknowledged the server issue through a tweet, confirming resolution from their end. While users can’t directly fix this issue, a workaround can enable gameplay despite the PTC’s unavailability.
Solution: Adding Backup Login Methods
Niantic recommends linking the PTC account with other login providers as a precautionary measure to ensure access during PTC downtime. Here’s how to link alternative accounts:
Accessing Linked Accounts:
- Navigate to “Settings” in the Pokémon GO app.
- Tap on “Account.”
- Under “Linked Accounts,” choose the desired login provider option.
Linking with Facebook:
- Log out of the Pokémon GO app (if logged in).
- Relaunch the app and select “Login with Google.”
- Access additional settings by clicking on your avatar, followed by the Niantic Logo, and then the Settings icon.
- Choose “Facebook” from the “Not linked” options to successfully link your account.
For iPhone Users:
- Utilize the option to sign in with your Apple ID if preferred.
Tips: While primarily using a Google account, consider linking your Pokémon GO account to secondary platforms like Facebook or Apple ID. During PTC downtime, access the game using the linked secondary login providers to continue playing.
In case of difficulties linking secondary IDs or encountering login issues, it’s advisable to seek assistance from Pokémon customer support via Twitter. By implementing these steps, players can mitigate the impact of PTC unavailability and ensure seamless gameplay experiences during critical Pokémon GO events.