Which AWS services can a company use to host and run a MySQL database? (Choose two.)
A. Amazon RDS
B. Amazon DynamoDB
C. Amazon S3
D. Amazon EC2
E. Amazon MQ
A. Amazon RDS
D. Amazon EC2
The correct answers are A. Amazon RDS and D. Amazon EC2.
Amazon RDS and Amazon EC2 are examples of AWS services that can be used to host and run a MySQL database. They provide different types of hosting options, such as managed and self-managed, for different use cases and needs.
Amazon RDS is a fully managed relational database service that supports various database engines, including MySQL. It allows customers to create and operate MySQL databases without having to worry about server provisioning, patching, maintenance, backup, restore, or scaling. It also provides features such as encryption, replication, monitoring, performance optimization, and security.
Amazon RDS meets the requirement of hosting and running a MySQL database because it enables customers to easily and quickly set up, operate, and scale MySQL databases in the cloud. Customers can also use Amazon RDS to access their MySQL databases using standard SQL tools and applications.
Amazon EC2 is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It allows customers to launch and run virtual servers, called instances, that can host any type of application or software, including MySQL databases. It also provides features such as storage, networking, security, load balancing, and auto scaling.
Amazon EC2 meets the requirement of hosting and running a MySQL database because it enables customers to have full control and flexibility over their MySQL databases. Customers can also use Amazon EC2 to customize and optimize their MySQL databases according to their specific needs and preferences.
The other options are not examples of AWS services that can be used to host and run a MySQL database because they do not provide any functionality or compatibility for MySQL databases. For example:
- Amazon DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL database service that provides fast and consistent performance, scalability, and high availability for any scale of data. It does not support or integrate with MySQL databases or SQL tools and applications.
- Amazon S3 is a service that provides scalable, durable, and secure object storage for any type of data. It does not provide any functionality or capacity for hosting or running MySQL databases or SQL queries.
- Amazon MQ is a fully managed message broker service that supports various messaging protocols, such as AMQP, MQTT, STOMP, OpenWire, and JMS. It does not provide any functionality or compatibility for hosting or running MySQL databases or SQL commands.
- Create and Connect to a MySQL Database with Amazon RDS
- Hosted MySQL – Amazon RDS for MySQL – AWS
- amazon web services – Connect to MySQL on AWS from local machine – Stack Overflow
- How to use the Oracle MySQL Database Service with applications that run in AWS
Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification exam practice question and answer (Q&A) dump with detail explanation and reference available free, helpful to pass the Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam and earn Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification.