- This guide offers temporary solutions to fix Screen Time and Share Across Devices issues on iOS 17.
- Developers have not officially recognized the problem or provided a fix timeline.
- Users should use caution and monitor for official updates while applying the suggested workarounds.
If you’re struggling with Screen Time and Share Across Devices not functioning properly on iOS 17, you’re not alone. In this guide, we’ll dive into the issue and explore some practical solutions.
Screen Time, as the name suggests, provides you with detailed insights into how much time you and your family spend on specific apps and websites. Share Across Devices, on the other hand, facilitates the seamless sharing of files among all your linked Apple devices.
Many users have leveraged the Share Across Devices feature to sync their Screen Time settings and reports across all their Apple devices. However, this vital function has encountered some roadblocks with the latest iOS 17 update. Users have raised concerns about the inability to share Screen Time App limits between devices, and in some instances, iPhones fail to appear on the Screen Time dashboard of other devices.
Even when devices do display their Screen Time information, it often comes with delays or inaccurate data. While this functionality wasn’t always perfect, it worked much better up until iOS 16, making iOS 17.1 feel like a step backward. If you’re grappling with these issues, you’re in the right place. We’ve got a couple of handy workarounds that might help you address this bug. So, let’s get right into it.
Troubleshooting Screen Time and Share Across Devices Issues on iOS 17
If you’re dealing with problems related to Screen Time and Share Across Devices on iOS 17, there’s a workaround that can provide a temporary solution. This method involves temporarily disabling and then re-enabling these features. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you do it:
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on “Screen Time.”
- Inside Screen Time, select “App & Website Activity.”
- Toggle the “App & Website Activity” switch to turn it off.
- Return to the “Screen Time” section in Settings.
- Now, turn off the “Share Across Devices” option.
- Go back to “Screen Time” and tap on “Turn On App & Website Activity.”
- Finally, head back to Settings, open “Screen Time,” and turn on the “Share Across Devices” option.
Keep in mind that this workaround offers a temporary solution and may require you to repeat these steps at regular intervals. However, it can help address the issue for the time being.
So there you have it – these are the steps to resolve the problem of Screen Time and Share Across Devices not working on iOS 17. Officially, the developers have not acknowledged this issue or provided an estimated time for a fix. We will promptly update this guide if any official information becomes available. In the meantime, the workarounds mentioned earlier are your best options for addressing the problem.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this guide is intended to assist users in addressing issues related to Screen Time and Share Across Devices not working on iOS 17. Please be aware that the workarounds suggested here are temporary solutions and may not completely resolve the problem. Furthermore, the developers have not officially acknowledged this issue or provided a timeline for a fix. Users should proceed with caution and keep an eye out for any official updates or solutions from the developers. The effectiveness of the workarounds may vary, and users are encouraged to exercise their discretion when applying these steps.