- Troubleshooting the issue of iPhone 15 Pro not charging involves four potential solutions: force rebooting the device, disabling Clean Energy Charging, turning off Charging Optimization, and using third-party USB chargers.
- Using third-party chargers like the Anker Nano 20W USB-C Charging Plug is a common workaround, although it comes with some risk, and users must make an informed decision.
- Developers have not officially acknowledged the charging issue, nor provided an estimated fix rollout. The guide will be updated with any developments, and in the meantime, users are encouraged to explore these workarounds to address the problem.
Welcome to our guide on how to fix the problem of your iPhone 15 Pro not charging. The iPhone family has recently seen a new addition, boasting exciting features like USB Type-C ports, the A17 Bionic chip, gaming capabilities, and improved camera technology. However, no device is without its hiccups.
Among various issues, the most pressing concern is the bug preventing the iPhone 15 Pro from charging. Numerous complaints have flooded Apple Forums, with users reporting their devices won’t charge, and some even experiencing complete battery drain. If you’re facing any of these charging problems, you’re in the right place. This guide will walk you through potential solutions to get your iPhone 15 Pro charging again. Let’s get started.
Troubleshooting iPhone 15 Pro Not Charging
If you’re facing the frustrating issue of your iPhone 15 Pro not charging, it’s essential to explore various workarounds to find the one that works for you. Let’s dive into the solutions.
Solution 1: Force Reboot
As expected, the first solution involves a restart, but this time, it’s known for its high success rate. Follow these steps:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Immediately press and release the Volume Down button.
- Then, press and hold the Side/Power button.
- Continue holding it even past the “swipe to power off” screen until you see the Apple Logo.
- Release the button and check if your iPhone 15 Pro can now charge.
This force reboot might resolve your charging issue, but if it doesn’t, we have more solutions to explore.
Solution 2: Disable Clean Energy Charging
The Clean Energy Charging feature is designed to lower your device’s carbon footprint by charging when more eco-friendly electricity is available. While it’s an environmentally conscious feature, it can sometimes interfere with the regular charging process. Here’s how to disable it:
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Navigate to Battery.
- Tap on Battery Health & Charging.
- Turn off Clean Energy Charging.
Once you’ve disabled this feature, try charging your iPhone 15 Pro again to see if it resolves the charging issue. If this doesn’t work, we have more solutions to explore.
Solution 3: Disable Charging Optimization
If you’ve enabled the Charging Optimization feature, it might be causing your iPhone 15 Pro to stop charging at 80% in certain scenarios. This is designed to extend your battery’s lifespan by minimizing the time it stays fully charged. Additionally, with the iPhone 15 series, there’s a new 80% charging limit. To see if these features are affecting your charging, follow these steps:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings.
- Scroll to Battery.
- Tap on Battery Health & Charging.
- Navigate to Charging Optimization and select None.
After disabling these features, check if your iPhone 15 Pro now charges properly. If the problem persists, we have more solutions to explore.
Solution 4: Using Third-Party USB
Some users have found success by opting for third-party charger wires instead of Apple’s own. One recommendation is to try the Anker Nano 20W USB-C Charging Plug, which you can find at BestBuy or order from Amazon. Ensure you’re using a USB-C cable rather than a MagSafe cable for this method.
Please note: Using third-party chargers comes with some risk. We don’t officially endorse this approach, but it has worked for many users. Ultimately, the decision to use third-party chargers is yours to make, considering the benefits and potential risks involved.
To summarize, these are the four different methods that can potentially resolve the issue of your iPhone 15 Pro not charging. As of now, the developers have not acknowledged this issue or provided a fix timeline. We will update this guide if there are any developments. In the meantime, consider trying the mentioned workarounds to get your device charging again.