Updated November 3, 2022: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
To help create better boundaries and protect personal time, Viva Insights will offer the ability to configure quiet time to silence notifications from Outlook and Teams mobile applications, outside of working hours. Users will receive personalized insights through the Viva Insights app in Teams and will be able to set quiet time directly from Teams mobile and Outlook mobile applications. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 85627.
To help create better boundaries and protect your personal time, later this year Viva Insights will offer the ability to configure quiet time to silence mobile notifications from Outlook and Teams outside your working hours as well as provide personalized insights on how well you are disconnecting. You will also be able to set quiet time directly from Teams and Outlook mobile.
When will this happen
Table of Contents
Rollout will begin in late September and is expected to be completed by mid-November (previously late October).
How will this affect your organization
As this change begins rolling out, users in your organization will see the following updates:
- The “Protect Time” tab of the Viva Insights app in Teams will be updated with a modified interface and will allow users enroll in quiet time and view personalized insights after enrolling.
- The Viva Insights settings page of the app in Teams will be updated to provide users with the option to configure their quiet time preferences.
- Users of Outlook will be able to configure quiet time directly from the mobile application.
- Users of Teams will be able to configure quiet time directly from the mobile application.
- Users who enroll in global quiet time will have Outlook mobile and Teams mobile notifications silenced during their configured time quiet time hours.
Note: These updates will honor existing admin and user preferences and settings by default.
What you need to do to prepare
No additional action is required. You may want to notify your users about this change and update your training and documentation as appropriate.
Message ID: MC414802
Published: 16 August 2022
Updated: 03 November 2022
Platform: Android, iOS, mobile, Web, Windows Desktop, World tenant