With this update, which will improve the security of your tenant, Security & Compliance PowerShell will enable configuration of certificate-based authentication to allow unattended App-only access.
When this will happen
Rollout will begin in mid-February and is expected to be complete by early March.
How this will affect your organization
No impact. Existing “Basic authentication” for application access to Security and Compliance Center PowerShell will continue to work, even after the roll-out of “Certificate based authentication”.
What you need to do to prepare
To migrate to certificate-based authentication, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Register the application in Azure AD
- Step 2: Assign API permissions to the application
- Step 3: Generate a self-signed certificate
- Step 4: Attach the certificate to the Azure AD application
- Step 5: Assign Azure AD roles to the application
- Connect to Security & Compliance PowerShell
- App-only authentication for unattended scripts in the EXO V2 module
Message ID: MC316448
Published: 21 January 2022
Updated: 11 February 2022
Effective: 7 March 2022
Plan For Change
#UpdatedMessage #NewFeature #AdminImpact #365Apps #Microsoft365