Updated September 21, 2022: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Updated August 30, 2022: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Updated August 3, 2022: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Updated April 07, 2022: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Viva insights is releasing new capabilities to help teams protect time for focused work. The shared focus plan will enable managers and team leads with a Microsoft Viva Insights license to foster mutual productivity norms and drive a positive team culture by inviting teams to coordinate focus time for uninterrupted work. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88839.
The shared focus plan enables managers and team leads to foster mutual productivity norms and drive a positive team culture by inviting teams to book focus time for uninterrupted work.
When this will happen
- Targeted release starting in early March (previously late January).
- Standard Release will begin rolling out in late October (previously late September) and we expect the rollout to be complete by late November (previously late October).
How this will affect your organization
Licensed managers and team leads will be able to access the shared focus plan on the My Team tab within the Microsoft Viva Insights app in Microsoft Teams. This is an opt-in plan, and Shared focus plan participants do not need to be licensed.
What you need to do to prepare
- Inform eligible users with the Viva Insights license of the new shared focus plan.
- Enable easier access to the Viva Insights Teams app for your users by pinning the app on the left navigation pane of Teams user interface for quicker discovery of the My team tab.
- Create a custom-app permission policy and assign it to select users and ensure the app is not blocked in the teams admin center.
- If you wish to disable the Viva Insights app, for the whole organization or select users, you will be able to do so through Teams Admin center.
- Review and assess the impact on your organization. Additionally, you might consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate. Learn more about Microsoft Viva Insights, MyAnalytics, Briefing email, and how Microsoft protects your privacy.
Message ID: MC313659
Published: 12 January 2022
Updated: 21 September 2022
Cloud instance(s): Worldwide (Standard Multi-Tenant)
Platform: iOS, Mac, mobile, Web, Windows Desktop, World tenant