- The guide provides methods to fix the Pixel black screen issue after the Android 14 update, with no official acknowledgment of the problem by developers.
If you’re a Pixel device owner who’s recently updated to Android 14, you might have encountered the frustrating black screen problem. These devices, renowned for their exceptional camera quality and lightning-fast OS updates, are not immune to issues like the infamous Black Screen of Death.
The transition to the Tensor chipset by Google, beginning with the Pixel 6 and 7 series, introduced this persistent problem. However, with the latest Android 14 update, even older Pixel devices have fallen prey to this troublesome glitch.
Countless Pixel users who made the leap to Android 14 are reporting encounters with this irksome black screen dilemma, leaving them with seemingly no way out. If you find yourself in the same boat, worry not. We’ve got you covered with a set of handy workarounds to help you resolve this issue. Without further ado, let’s dive right into these solutions.
How to Resolve Pixel Black Screen Issue after Android 14 Update
Table of Contents
Fixing a black screen issue on your Pixel device following the Android 14 update is crucial. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you tackle this problem:
Solution 1: Force Reboot
Your initial action should be to perform a force reboot on your device. Follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power key for approximately 30 seconds.
- After releasing the Power key, check to see if the black screen issue on your Pixel device running Android 14 has been resolved.
We recommend trying out each of the workarounds mentioned to determine the one that works for you. Let’s get started.
Solution 2: Non-Data Wipe Solution
The next method involves installing firmware via ADB Sideload. This approach doesn’t involve data loss, but it does come with a significant prerequisite: you must have USB Debugging enabled on your device beforehand.
Here’s how to proceed:
- Ensure that USB Debugging is enabled on your device. If not, you may need to follow a different method or seek assistance from a professional.
- Connect your Pixel device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Using ADB Sideload, install the firmware required for your device.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, check to see if the black screen issue has been resolved on your Pixel running Android 14.
As a reminder, it’s essential to exercise caution and ensure USB Debugging is enabled before proceeding with this method. Continue trying these solutions to find the one that works for you.
Solution 3: Data Wipe Option
If the previously mentioned methods have not resolved the black screen issue on your Pixel after the Android 14 update, your final resort is to perform a data wipe. While this approach is likely to fix the problem, it comes with a significant drawback – you will lose all your data. If you are willing to proceed with this, here’s what you need to do:
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds to boot your device into Fastboot Mode.
- Use the Volume keys to navigate to the “Recovery Mode” option and press the Power key to confirm. Your device will boot into a screen that says “No Command.”
- Now, press and hold the Power Button. While doing so, press and release the Volume Up key, and then release the Power key as well. This will take you to the stock recovery menu.
- Use the Volume keys to highlight “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and press the Power key to confirm. Your device will begin the data wipe process.
- Once the process is complete, select “Reboot System Now.” Your device should now boot into the operating system, and the black screen issue should be resolved.
Please be aware that performing a data wipe will result in the loss of all your data, so make sure you have a backup before proceeding. As always, exercise caution and ensure you are comfortable with this option. Continue trying these solutions to find the one that works for you.
In conclusion, these are the methods you can employ to resolve the black screen problem on your Pixel device following the Android 14 update. It’s worth noting that the official developers have not acknowledged this issue nor provided an estimated time for a fix. We will update this guide when any developments occur in this regard.
In the meantime, the workarounds we’ve discussed are your best options to tackle the problem and restore your device to full functionality. Keep an eye on official announcements for updates and stay proactive in addressing any issues that may arise in the future.
Disclaimer: It is important to note that the methods and solutions provided in this guide are for informational purposes and should be undertaken with caution. While we strive to offer accurate and helpful advice, we cannot guarantee that these methods will resolve the black screen issue on your Pixel device. Furthermore, any actions taken based on the information in this guide are done at your own risk. Always exercise due diligence and consider backing up your data before attempting any troubleshooting steps. If you are uncertain or uncomfortable with any of these procedures, it is advisable to seek professional assistance or wait for official solutions from the device manufacturer or software developers.