- This guide offers solutions for fixing slow WiFi on a Pixel 8 Pro mesh network, though the official developers haven’t acknowledged the issue or provided a fix timeline.
- The provided workarounds can help improve network speed, but users should exercise caution and back up their data before making any changes.
- Individual results may vary, and if difficulties persist, professional assistance or official support channels should be considered.
Is your Pixel 8 Pro struggling with sluggish WiFi on your mesh network? You’re not alone. Many users have encountered this frustrating issue, only to discover that it’s not their router’s fault. The problem lies with the Pixel 8 Pro itself. But don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll walk you through various methods to boost your WiFi speed on a Pixel 8 Pro mesh network.
Mesh networks are a game-changer when it comes to extending your WiFi coverage. Instead of relying on a single router, you have a network of connectivity devices, such as TP-Link, Asus, and Google routers, working together to provide seamless and fast internet access throughout your home. However, recently, users have reported a decline in WiFi speed on their Pixel 8 Pro devices, even though all other smartphones in the network are performing well.
If you’re experiencing this problem, you’ll find the solutions in this guide incredibly helpful. We’ll show you how to address the slow WiFi issue and get your Pixel 8 Pro back up to speed on your mesh network. So, let’s dive in and get your internet connection back on track.
Troubleshooting Slow WiFi on Pixel 8 Pro Mesh Network
Table of Contents
If you’re facing slow WiFi issues on your Pixel 8 Pro mesh network, don’t worry. We have a few solutions to help you get back up to speed. Let’s dive right in.
Solution 1: Toggle WiFi
Your first step is to toggle the WiFi on your Pixel 8 Pro. This simple action can refresh the WiFi settings and potentially resolve the slow network issue. Here’s how you do it:
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to open the Quick Settings menu.
- Find the WiFi icon and tap it to turn WiFi off. Wait for a few seconds.
- Tap it again to turn WiFi back on.
- Check if this quick toggle has improved your WiFi speed on the Pixel 8 Pro mesh network.
Give this a try, and if it doesn’t completely resolve the issue, don’t worry; we have more fixes to explore.
Solution 2: Disable Randomize MAC
Another effective method to address slow WiFi on your Pixel 8 Pro mesh network is to disable the randomization of your device’s MAC address. This fix has proven to be quite successful for many users. Here’s how to do it:
Go to your device’s settings by tapping the gear icon or swiping down and selecting the settings gear.
- In the Settings menu, tap on “Network & Internet.”
- Under “Network & Internet,” select “Internet.”
- Locate and select your WiFi network.
- In the WiFi network settings, tap on “Privacy.”
- Now, choose “Use Device MAC” instead of the randomized MAC option.
- Test your WiFi connection to see if this change has resolved the slow WiFi issue on your Pixel 8 Pro mesh network.
This tweak can make a significant difference in your network speed, so give it a try. If you’re still experiencing issues, we have more fixes to explore.
Solution 3: Disable Adaptive Connectivity
Another solution to address slow WiFi on your Pixel 8 Pro mesh network involves disabling the Adaptive Connectivity feature. This feature assesses your network needs and, if it deems your requirements aren’t high, it switches from 5G to 4G to save battery. However, this functionality can sometimes impact other network settings, so disabling it might help. Here’s how to do it:
- Start by accessing the Settings menu on your Pixel 8 Pro.
- In the Settings menu, go to “Network & Internet.”
- Look for “Adaptive Connectivity” and select it.
- Now, turn off the toggle switch next to “Adaptive Connectivity.”
- After making this change, check if it resolves the slow WiFi issue on your Pixel 8 Pro mesh network.
Disabling Adaptive Connectivity can potentially improve your WiFi performance. If you’re still experiencing problems, don’t worry; we have more fixes to explore.
Solution 4: Turn Off Mesh Network
If none of the previous fixes have resolved your slow WiFi issue on your Pixel 8 Pro mesh network, you can consider temporarily turning off the mesh network feature. While this may not be the most convenient solution, it has worked for some users. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- Navigate to “Network & Internet.”
- Look for the “Mesh Network” or similar option related to your mesh connectivity.
- Turn off the toggle switch to disable the mesh network.
- After turning off the mesh network, check if your WiFi speed has improved.
Keep in mind that turning off the mesh network might affect the overall coverage and performance of your network. If this fix resolves your issue and you no longer experience slow WiFi, you can consider enabling the mesh network later when the issue is addressed by updates or fixes. If the problem persists, we have more solutions to explore.
Solution 5: Reset Network
If the slow WiFi issue on your Pixel 8 Pro mesh network persists and you suspect that your network settings have become corrupted, a network reset might be the solution. However, keep in mind that this action will erase all saved WiFi networks, so ensure that they are synchronized with your Google account before proceeding. Here’s how to perform a network reset:
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- Select “System” and then choose “Reset Options.”
- Under Reset Options, select “Reset WiFi, Mobile & Bluetooth.”
- Next, click on “Reset Settings” and wait for the process to complete.
- After the reset is finished, check if your WiFi speed has improved on your Pixel 8 Pro mesh network.
Resetting network settings can often resolve issues related to corrupted network configurations. If this fix doesn’t work, don’t worry, we have more solutions to try.
In conclusion, we’ve presented several methods to address the slow WiFi issue on your Pixel 8 Pro mesh network. It’s worth noting that the official developers have not yet acknowledged this problem or provided an estimated time for a fix. We will keep this guide updated with any developments in this regard.
For now, the workarounds we’ve discussed are your best options to improve your WiFi speed on your Pixel 8 Pro mesh network. Give them a try, and hopefully, you’ll experience a noticeable improvement in your network performance. If there are any updates or official fixes in the future, we will make sure to keep you informed.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this guide is intended for informational purposes only. While we have made every effort to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of the suggested fixes, technology and software issues can vary from one device to another. We recommend that you proceed with these fixes with caution and always back up your important data before making any significant changes to your device’s settings. Additionally, it’s essential to keep in mind that the effectiveness of these solutions may depend on the specific circumstances of your network and device. If you are uncertain about any of the steps or face any difficulties, consider seeking professional assistance or consulting your device’s official support channels. We do not accept any responsibility for potential data loss or adverse effects that may result from the application of the fixes mentioned in this guide.