Are you facing the issue of Instagram post or reel stuck on preparing or uploading? If yes, then you are not alone. Many Instagram users have reported this problem, especially after the recent app update.
In this article, we will show you some effective solutions to fix this annoying issue and upload your posts or reels smoothly.
Why Instagram Story Reel Video Post Stuck on Preparing or Uploading?
Table of Contents
- Why Instagram Story Reel Video Post Stuck on Preparing or Uploading?
- How to Fix Instagram Story Reel Video Post Stuck on Preparing or Uploading?
- Solution 1: Ensuring Content Complies with Instagram Policies
- Solution 2: Check your internet connection
- Solution 3: Restart your device
- Solution 4: Update your Instagram app
- Solution 5: Clear your Instagram app cache and data
- Solution 6: Remove Third-Party App Access to Improve Upload Success
- Solution 7: Reinstalling the Instagram App
- Solution 8: Use a different device
- Solution 9: Contact Instagram Support
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There are several possible reasons why your Instagram post or reel may get stuck on preparing or uploading. Some of the common ones are:
- Poor internet connection: If your internet connection is slow or unstable, it may take longer for your post or reel to upload or even fail to upload at all.
- App glitches: Sometimes, the Instagram app may have some bugs or errors that prevent your post or reel from uploading properly. This may happen due to a faulty app update, corrupted app data, or incompatible app version.
- Device issues: Your device may also cause your post or reel to get stuck on preparing or uploading. This may happen due to low battery, insufficient storage space, outdated software, or other hardware problems.
- Instagram server issues: Occasionally, the Instagram server may be down or overloaded, which may affect the uploading process of your post or reel. This may happen due to high traffic, maintenance, or technical issues on Instagram’s end.
How to Fix Instagram Story Reel Video Post Stuck on Preparing or Uploading?
Depending on the cause of the problem, you can try different solutions to fix your Instagram post or reel stuck on preparing or uploading. Here are some of the most effective ones:
Solution 1: Ensuring Content Complies with Instagram Policies
It is important that all content follows Instagram’s Community Guidelines. Prohibited types of content include sexually explicit media, threats, exploitation, graphic violence, and hate speech targeting attributes like ethnicity, religion or culture.
Prior to publishing, review the full policies to understand compliance standards. Objectively examine each post for restricted themes before sharing. If non-compliant elements are identified, edit the media accordingly.
Should issues remain preventing publication, further adjustments may be needed. With careful scrutiny and revisions, policy violations can be avoided to foster a positive experience for all users. Fundamental awareness and adherence to guidelines are essential for successful engagement on Instagram.
Solution 2: Check your internet connection
The first thing you should do is to check your internet connection and make sure it is fast and stable. You can try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data, or use a different Wi-Fi network if possible. You can also test your internet speed using online tools like [Speedtest] or [Fast].
Solution 3: Restart your device
Sometimes, a simple restart can fix many issues on your device, including your Instagram post or reel stuck on preparing or uploading. To restart your device, just press and hold the power button and select the restart option. Wait for your device to reboot and then try uploading your post or reel again.
Solution 4: Update your Instagram app
Another possible solution is to update your Instagram app to the latest version. This can help you fix any app glitches or errors that may be causing your post or reel to get stuck on preparing or uploading. To update your Instagram app, just go to the app store on your device and look for the Instagram app. If there is an update available, tap on the update button and wait for the app to install. Then, open the app and try uploading your post or reel again.
Solution 5: Clear your Instagram app cache and data
Sometimes, clearing your Instagram app cache and data can also help you fix your post or reel stuck on preparing or uploading. This can help you remove any corrupted or outdated app data that may be interfering with the uploading process. To clear your Instagram app cache and data, follow these steps:
- For Android devices, go to the settings on your device and look for the apps or applications option. Then, find and tap on the Instagram app and select the storage option. Next, tap on the clear cache and clear data buttons and confirm your action. Then, open the app and try uploading your post or reel again.
- For iOS devices, go to the settings on your device and look for the general option. Then, tap on the iPhone storage option and scroll down to find the Instagram app. Next, tap on the offload app button and confirm your action. This will delete the app but keep your app data. Then, go back to the app store and reinstall the Instagram app. Then, open the app and try uploading your post or reel again.
Solution 6: Remove Third-Party App Access to Improve Upload Success
Some apps require linking Instagram accounts. However, third-party access can interfere with uploads within the Instagram app.
Many gaming and other apps request Instagram login for authentication. But this grants fragmented access, creating potential points of failure for uploads or other actions from within Instagram.
Linked apps are able to separately interact with the Instagram profile apart from the official app. This can negatively impact the upload process.
Reliable uploads may be restored by reviewing permissions granted to third-party apps and removing unnecessary linked accounts. Without external variables, the Instagram profile and uploads are under sole Instagram app control.
Uninstall unused apps connected to Instagram. This provides a streamlined connection and reduces erratic upload performance within the primary Instagram application. Direct Instagram access generally yields more consistent publishing.
Solution 7: Reinstalling the Instagram App
Common troubleshooting steps sometimes resolve upload issues. One is uninstalling then reinstalling the Instagram application on your device.
Removing and reinstalling resets the app environment and permissions. This can help if corruption orbugs previously interfered with publishing content.
Give it a try – uninstall Instagram, then download it again from the app store. See if you can now upload the reel/post without problems. Frequently, a fresh app installation restores normal publishing functionality.
Reinstallation provides a clean slate for the app to operate as intended. If the upload succeeds, the prior app instance likely caused the difficulty. This basic solution often works for various Instagram errors.
Solution 8: Use a different device
If none of the above solutions work, you can try using a different device to upload your post or reel. This can help you rule out any device issues that may be causing your post or reel to get stuck on preparing or uploading. You can use another smartphone, tablet, or computer to upload your post or reel. Just make sure you have the same Instagram account logged in on the different device.
Solution 9: Contact Instagram Support
As a last resort if upload errors persist after common solutions, involve Instagram Support. Their technicians have tools and expertise for complex issue resolution.
Submit a report to the Help Center within the app. Alternatively, email [email protected] to request assistance. Experienced agents can investigate and work to restore normal app functionality.
Informing Instagram of persistent technical problems allows their team to potentially identify and address any underlying systemic causes. Contact them if self-help methods prove unsuccessful in troubleshooting upload failures. Specialized support may be needed for accurate diagnosis and fixing at the source.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: How long does it take to upload an Instagram post or reel?
Answer: The time it takes to upload an Instagram post or reel depends on several factors, such as your internet speed, the size and quality of your post or reel, and the Instagram server status. Generally, it should take a few seconds to a few minutes to upload an Instagram post or reel. However, if your post or reel gets stuck on preparing or uploading, it may take longer or never upload at all.
Question: How do I cancel an Instagram post or reel that is stuck on preparing or uploading?
Answer: If your Instagram post or reel is stuck on preparing or uploading, you can try to cancel it by following these steps:
- Tap on the X icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the discard post or discard reel option and confirm your action.
- Tap on the back button to exit the upload screen.
Question: How do I prevent my Instagram post or reel from getting stuck on preparing or uploading?
Answer: To prevent your Instagram post or reel from getting stuck on preparing or uploading, you can try the following tips:
- Make sure your internet connection is fast and stable before uploading your post or reel.
- Keep your Instagram app updated to the latest version and avoid using any third-party apps or tools that may interfere with the uploading process.
- Optimize your post or reel size and quality to reduce the uploading time and avoid any errors.
- Avoid uploading your post or reel when the Instagram server is down or busy.
In this article, we have shown you some effective solutions to fix your Instagram post or reel stuck on preparing or uploading. We hope this article has helped you resolve this issue and upload your posts or reels smoothly. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. We are not affiliated with Instagram or any of the products or services mentioned in this article. We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or validity of the information provided in this article. We are not responsible for any errors, omissions, or damages that may arise from the use of the information in this article. You should always consult a qualified professional before taking any action based on the information in this article.