- This guide provides general information on how to back up a Samsung Galaxy Watch using a Google Pixel device.
- Specific steps may vary based on your device’s model and software version, so it’s essential to refer to official manufacturer resources for accuracy.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Watch and a Google Pixel device, this guide will walk you through the steps to back up your smartwatch. While Google’s Pixel devices have made their presence known in the world of smartwatches, they still have some ground to cover to catch up with the South Korean giant, Samsung. As a result, many users find themselves in the position of having both a Samsung Watch and a Pixel device.
In the world of smartwatches, it’s not uncommon for manufacturers to prioritize their own ecosystems. Samsung is no exception to this trend. While you could easily back up your Samsung Watch using the Samsung Smart Switch app, it’s designed primarily for Samsung devices. But fear not; there’s a clever workaround that allows you to back up your Samsung Galaxy Watch using your Pixel device. In this guide, we’ll take you through the steps to make this process a breeze. Stick with us, and we’ll show you how to get it done.
How to Back Up Your Samsung Galaxy Watch with a Pixel Device
If you’re looking to back up your Samsung Galaxy Watch with a Pixel device and have encountered battery restrictions on the Smart Switch app, don’t worry. You can easily resolve this issue by following these steps:
- Open your device’s “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps.”
- Select “All Apps.”
- Find and tap on “Smart Switch.”
- In the Smart Switch settings, locate “App Battery Usage” and select it.
- Now, choose “Unrestricted” to remove battery restrictions for the Smart Switch app.
- After completing these steps, you may need to wait for a couple of hours.
Now, to access the backup option, follow these instructions:
- Open the “Galaxy Wearable” app on your Pixel device.
- Navigate to “Watch settings.”
- Find and select “Account and Backup.”
That’s it! You’ve successfully learned how to back up your Samsung Galaxy Watch using your Pixel device. If you have any questions or encounter any issues while following these steps, please feel free to ask in the comments below. We’ll do our best to provide you with a prompt solution.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this guide is intended for informational purposes only. The steps and procedures outlined here are based on general knowledge and may vary depending on the specific models and software versions of your Samsung Galaxy Watch and Google Pixel device. It is recommended to refer to the official user manuals and support resources provided by the respective manufacturers for the most accurate and up-to-date instructions. We do not take responsibility for any potential issues or data loss that may occur while following these instructions. It’s essential to proceed with caution and ensure you have appropriate backups before making any changes to your devices.