A company wants to reconfigure its ecommerce application to automatically scale to meet customer demands. The company wants the operating system that the application runs on to be automatically updated. Which AWS service will meet these requirements?
A. Amazon Lightsail
B. Amazon EC2
C. AWS Lambda
D. Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling
D. Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling
The answer is D. Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling.
- Amazon Lightsail is a fully managed compute service that provides you with the flexibility, power, and performance of Amazon Web Services (AWS) without the need to manage your own infrastructure. However, it does not offer automatic scaling or OS updates.
- Amazon EC2 is a virtual computing environment that runs on AWS’s proven high-availability infrastructure. It offers a broad range of instance types, operating systems, and networking options to fit your needs. However, it does not offer automatic scaling or OS updates out of the box.
- AWS Lambda is a serverless compute service that allows you to run code without provisioning or managing servers. It is a good choice for applications that are event-driven or that have unpredictable traffic patterns. However, it does not offer automatic scaling or OS updates.
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling is a service that automatically scales your EC2 instances based on demand. It can be used to scale your ecommerce application up or down based on the number of customers visiting your website. It also supports automatic OS updates.
Therefore, Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling is the best choice for this scenario. It offers automatic scaling and OS updates, which will help the company meet its requirements.
Here are some additional details about Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling:
- It can be used to scale your EC2 instances based on a variety of metrics, including CPU utilization, memory utilization, and network traffic.
- It can also be used to scale your instances based on events, such as the number of new users signing up for your application or the number of orders being placed.
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling is a fully managed service, so you don’t need to worry about managing the underlying infrastructure.
If you are looking for a way to automatically scale your ecommerce application and keep your operating system up to date, then Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling is a good choice.
- App Scaling – AWS Application Auto Scaling – AWS (amazon.com)
- Update management in Amazon EC2 – Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud
- AWS services that you can use with Application Auto Scaling – Application Auto Scaling (amazon.com)
Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) certification exam practice question and answer (Q&A) dump with detail explanation and reference available free, helpful to pass the Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) exam and earn Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) certification.