Which AWS Cloud design principle does a company follow by using AWS CloudTrail?
A. Recover automatically.
B. Perform operations as code.
C. Measure efficiency.
D. Ensure traceability.
D. Ensure traceability.
The AWS Cloud design principle that a company follows by using AWS CloudTrail is D. Ensure traceability.
AWS CloudTrail is a service that enables governance, compliance, operational auditing, and risk auditing of your AWS account. It provides a detailed history of the AWS API calls made by users, services, or applications within your account. By enabling CloudTrail, you can capture, store, and analyze the API activity logs, including who made the call, which service was called, when the call was made, and what actions were performed.
Here’s how AWS CloudTrail aligns with the principle of ensuring traceability:
- Traceability: AWS CloudTrail helps organizations establish a trail of activity and provides visibility into the actions performed within their AWS environment. It allows you to track changes made to your resources and understand who made those changes. This traceability is crucial for auditing, compliance, and security purposes. By reviewing the CloudTrail logs, you can determine the actions taken, identify potential issues, and investigate any security incidents or unauthorized access attempts.
- Compliance and Governance: Many organizations have regulatory or compliance requirements that demand the ability to track and audit changes made to their infrastructure. AWS CloudTrail assists in meeting these requirements by providing an audit trail of all API calls made in your AWS account. This audit trail helps demonstrate compliance with various industry standards and regulations, such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, and GDPR.
- Security and Forensics: In the event of a security incident or unauthorized activity, CloudTrail logs become invaluable for forensic investigations. The logs can be analyzed to identify the source of the incident, understand the actions taken, and trace the sequence of events leading up to the incident. This level of traceability aids in incident response, post-incident analysis, and remediation efforts.
By utilizing AWS CloudTrail, organizations can ensure traceability by capturing and retaining a comprehensive history of API activity within their AWS environment. This aligns with the principle of ensuring traceability, which is essential for compliance, governance, security, and operational auditing purposes. Therefore, the correct choice is D. Ensure traceability.
- What Is AWS CloudTrail? – AWS CloudTrail (amazon.com)
- General design principles – AWS Well-Architected Framework (amazon.com)
- Design principles – AWS Well-Architected Framework (amazon.com)
- Getting started with AWS CloudTrail tutorial – AWS CloudTrail (amazon.com)
Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) certification exam practice question and answer (Q&A) dump with detail explanation and reference available free, helpful to pass the Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) exam and earn Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) certification.