Encountering the frustrating “purchase not completed” message on Steam? Don’t let it hinder your gaming experience. Learn effective solutions to quickly fix this issue and get back to enjoying your favorite games hassle-free.
Table of Contents
Fix 1: Verify Internet Connection
Ensure a stable internet connection by checking your internet speed on sites like Speedtest.net or Fast.com. Aim for 10-20 Mbps download speed and a ping below 150 ms for smooth gaming. If your connection is suspect, reset your modem or router:
- Locate your modem or router.
- Unplug the power cables.
- Wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Plug in the modem, switch it on, and wait for it to fully start.
A robust internet connection is vital for completing Steam purchases.
Fix 2: Verify Steam Settings
Make sure your Steam settings, especially payment preferences, are correctly configured:
- Open Steam on your computer.
- Go to the “Steam” menu and select “Settings.”
- In the Settings window, check the “Account” tab to ensure accurate payment and currency settings.
- Review for any restrictions or preferences affecting purchases.
- If needed, update settings to reflect the correct currency and payment preferences.
Ensuring your Steam settings are accurate can resolve issues with completing purchases.
Fix 3: Verify Payment Method
When making a purchase, ensure the selected payment method is valid and has sufficient funds:
- Proceed to the Steam checkout/payment screen.
- Look for the option to select your payment method.
- Choose “PayPal” instead of “My PayPal Account.”
- This prompts Steam to re-authenticate and re-authorize your PayPal address, potentially resolving payment issues.
Double-checking and adjusting your payment method during transactions can help resolve purchase-related problems on Steam.
Fix 4: Verify Currency Match
Resolve currency mismatch issues:
- Access your Steam Wallet in the Steam application.
- Confirm that the currency in your Steam Wallet matches the intended purchase.
- If there’s a mismatch, add funds in the appropriate currency or adjust the purchase accordingly.
Ensuring currency alignment between your Steam Wallet and the purchase can eliminate errors during transactions.
Fix 5: Remove Unused PayPal Account
Enhance the payment process by removing any unused or outdated PayPal accounts linked to your Steam account. This streamlining can prevent potential conflicts with payment methods.
Fix 6: Try Another Payment Method
If the issue persists with a particular payment method, switch to an alternative one. Steam supports various payment options, including credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, Steam Wallet codes, Paysafecard, Giropay, Ideal, Alipay, WeChat Pay, and Yandex.Money.
Fix 7: Retry and Relaunch
If issues persist, try again by reattempting the purchase or relaunching the Steam application. Sometimes, this simple action can resolve temporary glitches or errors that may have hindered the transaction.
Fix 8: Seek Steam Support
If unexpected errors persist, contact Steam Support for tailored assistance. They can provide specific guidance related to your account and transaction, ensuring a more personalized resolution.
In summary, dealing with the “your purchase has not been completed” error on Steam can be frustrating. However, there are multiple remedies to explore. Whether it’s ensuring a stable internet connection, adjusting Steam settings, verifying the payment method, or considering alternative solutions, following the provided steps can help resolve the issue and ensure an uninterrupted gaming experience. If these measures prove ineffective, reaching out to Steam Support is a prudent step for additional assistance.