- The guide provides steps to remove the Play Something button from the YouTube app.
- Users are advised to be cautious of potential app updates that may affect these steps.
- Any alterations to app settings may impact the overall user experience.
Are you tired of the Play Something button cluttering your YouTube app’s home screen? You’re not alone. YouTube, a tech giant from Silicon Valley, often experiments with new features on its platform. Unfortunately, these experiments don’t always align with what users want, and one such feature is the Play Something button.
This conspicuous button now sits in the bottom right corner of your home screen. When tapped, it plays a random video in portrait mode, similar to Reels. There are numerous issues with this feature, starting with its prominent placement on the home screen, which disrupts the user interface and experience. Furthermore, it restricts you from enjoying videos in landscape mode, leaving many users scratching their heads in frustration.
Ideally, YouTube should have allowed users to control this feature with a simple toggle, enabling or disabling it as they please. However, that’s not the case, so it’s up to us to take matters into our own hands. Fortunately, there is a clever workaround that can help you remove the Play Something button from the YouTube app. Let’s dive into it without delay.
How to Remove the YouTube Play Something Button
If you want to get rid of the Play Something button on your YouTube app, here’s what you need to do:
Downgrade the YouTube App:
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- Navigate to Apps.
- Find and select YouTube from the list of apps.
- Tap the overflow icon (usually three dots) and choose “Uninstall Updates.”
- Confirm by selecting “OK.”
Disable Auto Updates:
- Open the Play Store on your device.
- Search for “YouTube” in the search bar.
- Tap the overflow icon on the YouTube app page.
- Uncheck the “Enable Auto Updates” option.
By following these steps, you’ll remove the Play Something button from your YouTube app and prevent it from reappearing with future updates.
In conclusion, these are the steps to remove the Play Something button from the YouTube app. If you have any questions or need further assistance regarding these steps, please feel free to ask in the comments. We’ll do our best to provide you with a solution as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this guide is accurate to the best of our knowledge as of the current date. However, software and app updates can change the steps required to remove the Play Something button from the YouTube app. Therefore, we recommend checking for any potential changes or updates to the app’s features that may affect this process. Proceed with these steps at your own discretion, and be aware that making changes to app settings may impact your user experience.