Beginning February 10, the HTC One (M8) received a software update to 4.20.531.4. This update provides Android 5.0 Lollipop software update.
Check the software version
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll down to and tap About.
- Tap Software information.
- View the Software number.
4.20.531.4: Your software is up to date. There are no updates available.
3.32.531.2, 2.22.531.6, 2.22.531.5, 1.57.531.7, 1.12.531.19, 1.27.531.11, 1.27.531.8, 1.27.531.7: Your phone can update to software version 4.20.531.4.
Other versions: Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported.
Requirements to update
- 50% or higher battery life
- Data connection
- Size of update: 634MB
Update software from the phone
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Check Now and follow the on-screen prompts.
Note: This is a large update and may take 20 minutes or more to download and install.