It is not without any reason that experts suggest that you create a new Instagram business profile to make the best use of this popular and most effective visual platform for your business marketing purpose. If you already have a personal account on this platform and want to integrate it with your social media marketing campaigns, then you will need to make the switch to a business profile.
If you are unaware of how you can make the switch, then here are a few basic steps to follow.
Step one: Create a Facebook page
To start with your business profile set up on Instagram, you should start with creating an active Facebook page for your business. Fortunately, you can set up such a Facebook Business Page in a matter of minutes. However, if you already have a Facebook Page, then you can skip this first step. But if you have to, then follow these steps:
- Start by opening your Facebook account.
- Click on “Create Page” from the dropdown menu and
- Next, select the specific business category.
When you are done with these initial steps, you must give a name to your Facebook page. This name can be that of your business or any other that people frequently search for finding your business.
The next step includes uploading your profile photo along with the cover photo. Make sure that this photo represents your business in the best possible way.
- According to the experts, the best way to create a better impression is to use your business logo as your profile photo. This is because it will help the followers to identify your business more easily.
- You can even use an image of your products or your store, which is also a very distinctive identification element for any business.
Once you are done with these steps, your Facebook business page is now live!
Step two: connect the Facebook page to Instagram.
The next step includes connecting your Facebook business page to Instagram. However, you will e better off if you spruce up your Facebook Business Page a little bit before you connect it to your Instagram business profile. To do the very least, you must:
- Add a description and
- A call-to-action
This will direct the visitors to your page to perform a specific action such as visiting your website or to call your store.
When you connect your Facebook page to Instagram, you will switch to a business profile.
- To do so, you must start by logging into your Instagram account and navigating through your profile.
- Next up, you must find and click on the “gear” icon located at the top right-hand corner of your screen. This will, in turn, allows you to access the settings of your account.
It is only after that you should focus on setting up Facebook Advertising. There are three important steps to follow in it as well. These are:
- Tapping on the “Switch to Business Profile”
- Then on “Continue” to connect to Facebook.
- Setting your profile to Public.
However, if you find that your profile is presently set to Private on Instagram, you will not be able to switch to a business profile.
Lastly, you must tap on “Continue As” to connect to the Facebook Page. But if you do not see the Facebook page of your business as an option here, you must make sure that you are registered in the settings menu as an admin. When you see the correct Facebook page, you must select it when it appears and taps “Next.”
Step three: setting up your business profile on Instagram
The last step to switch your personal Instagram account to a business profile is to add your business contact information when you are prompted. This should include things like:
- The phone number or numbers
- The physical address
- The email addresses.
This will ensure that the customers who wish to can get in touch more easily and effectively. Once you are done, and everything looks good enough, click on “Done.”
That is all! Now you have an Instagram business profile, and you are ready to access and make the best use of the host of the new features that Instagram has on offer. This will include benefits like:
- The ability to see your Instagram Insights
- Promote your posts in a much better way using Instagram Stories
- Auto publish and schedule photos and videos directly to Instagram to get more auto IG likes without requiring any push notifications and
- Use the shoppable post on Instagram to sell more and gain more revenue and much more.
The best part of it all is that you can do all these from well within the app!
Optimize the Instagram profile
When you have completed setting up your Instagram business profile, you must now concentrate on how it should look like and what are the best ways in which you can optimize it.
This is a crucial step to follow because as it is recommended by the experts several times before, the Instagram profile plays an important role in reflecting your brand. It is for this reason that most of the businesses today focus more on and spend more time and money on planning the overall look of their business profiles than ever before.
When a particular visitor lands on your profile page, you will only have a couple of seconds to impress them and convert them into your follower. That means all that they will give is a glance to your posts or scroll of your feed to decide whether or not to stay with it or give it a pass.
That is why it is crucial to curate the feel and look of your Instagram profile! This is ideally the best way to gain more followers.
Summing it up, the good news is when you schedule and curate your Instagram posts, you will be able to plan more actively as well as design your Instagram feed before posting anything in it. This will eventually help you to create a much better first impression on the visitors.
Walter Moore is a notable management consultant and digital marketing expert. He is an experienced digital marketer and has helped e-commerce businesses in all niches gain with his effective marketing strategies and guidance.