- Number of daily active users on Snapchat: 100 million
- Snapchat users that contribute content: 65%
- Number of Snapchat daily video views: 8 billion
- Average number of photos shared on Snapchat every second: 9,000 snapsper second
- Snapchat’s reported 2015 revenue total: $50 million
- Average time users spend inside the app every day: 30 minutes
- Top country for Snapchat usage (based on % of usage by online adult in each marked): Ireland
- Snapchat’s estimated 2016 projected revenue: $200 million
- 70% of all Snapchat users are female
- 30% of all Snapchat users are male
How Marketers use Snapchat To Promote Their Business
#1 Provide access to live events
- Use Snapchat for product launches, trade shows or one-of-a-kind events like the 1,000th customer to shop in your store.
- Snapchat gets your audience excited because you’re providing an authentic view or what’s going on at the event.
#2 Deliver private content
- Use Snapchat to provide special content you your audience that may not receive on other digital platforms.
- Think of something unique to surprise your community of followers.
#3 Offer contests, Perks or promotions
- Giveaways and promotions are ways you can keep your followers coming back for more.
- You could offer promo codes or discounts to the fans who watch your entire Snapchat story, or ask them to take a snap while holding your product.
#4 Take people behind the scenes
- You can provide behind-the-scenes content helps create and engage a strong following by showing off your company and having fun.
- Show how your brand differentiates itself with company culture – capture birthday parties, Friday afternoons or company outings.
#5 Partner with digital influencers
- By partnering with influencers, you can spread awareness to a demographic that’s hard to reach through traditional media.
- Influencers who are skilled with the Snapchat platform can create quality video content that enhances your brand’s voice and personality.
Here’s how to get started integrating Snapchat into your social media marketing:
- Develop Content
- Invite Participation
- Get Creative
- Add a Call to Action (CTA)
- Build a Following
Expanding your brand: Essential Snapchat Tips
#1 Leverage your Audience to build our Following
- Put your Snapchat username in your bio on other social profiles.
- Make your account’s Snapcode – the unique, scan able ghost logo given to each user that functions like a Snapchat-specific QR code – your profile image on other accounts.
#2 Increase User Engagement with Story Replies
- With story replies, anyone can reply to a specific photo or video by swiping up from the bottom of the display and opening a new chat window.
- Receiving feedback from your snaps is instant and is a valuable way to measure how your campaign is going.
- Companies are already using story replies to conduct informal contests, host polls and start Q&A discussions.
#3 Create Customisable On-Demand Geofilters
- With On-Demand Geofilters you can now create and publish a geofilter for a business or private event.
- You can buy On-Demand Geofilters for an event or even an entire block – for an hour or up to thirty days.
- Pricing start at $5, and depends on a few factors including the size of your geofence and the time period.
#4 Offer an Exclusive Discount
- Give your followers exclusive promotional offers they can only receive through Snapchat.
- Since stories expire after 24 hours, it’s a perfect platform to host flash sales.
- Also giveaways are great and the quick turnaround keeps customers engaged.
#5 Directly Target Content to Select Followers
- This works well when sending a promo codes to a selected few that meet the criteria of the giveaway, etc.
- Control who sees your snaps by selecting an audience within Snapchat’s message system.
#6 Activate Snapchat Stories
- Make sure your Snapchat story has a beginning, middle and end.
- Notice what your favourite brands are doing on Snapchat.
- Try to always have a Story uploaded everyday on your account so people can always find out more about your product and followers have something to watch and learn more about your company.
#7 Build up to a Moment / Event / Product Launch
- Spread the word about the upcoming event with your target demographic, you can do this by showing behind-the-scenes Snaps
- Example could include your manufacturing processes, team outings, workspace environments and product teasers.
#8 Back your Marketing Campaign with Snapchat Ads
- The potential to go viral in your targeted demographic is massive.
- it’s less likely to get lost in new feed, like on Facebook or Twitter.
- Snapchat offers intimacy at scale – an immersive video, curated context and no pre-roll.