April 2015 Release of Google Material Design Spec come with detailed instructions for app developers to tailor their apps to fit the design of the latest version of Android on how to present data tables and creating content for high-density displays, with floating action buttons.
April 2015 Release of Google Material Design Spec Highlights:
- Data tables used to present raw data sets, and usually appear in desktop enterprise products.
- Units and measurements chapter discusses the usage of device-independent pixels, scaleable pixels, as well as concepts like pixel density.
- Floating Action Button has been moved into its own section, adding new details about behavior and transitions
- App structure is informed by the content and tasks you want to surface for your users
- Component sticker sheet for Adobe After Effects
- Data truncation and redaction
- Writing guidelines for Settings
Additional significant content updates include:
- Typography adds further guidance on style and line height for dense and tall languages
- Cards includes more specs for laying out actions and content
- Dialogs contains additional layout guidance
- Tabs adds guidance around label content and more complete sizing specs
- Scrolling techniques adds guidance for overlapping content
Reference: Google Design Spec What’s New