WhatsApp puts limitations on its users where can not use more than one WhatsApp account on their mobile devices. However, now you can bypass this limitation by using Android apps: OGWhatsApp and SwitchMe that allows users to run multiple WhatsApp accounts on single smartphone.
Android app that allows you to use two separate WhatsApp accounts on single Android device without any need to root Android device. While running normal WhatsApp account on smartphone, you can follow below steps to run different WhatsApp account on OGWhatsApp.
- Complete backup for WhatsApp data
- Delete all WhatsApp data at Settings > apps > WhatsApp > Clear Data
- Rename /sdcard/WhatsApp directory to /sdcard/OGWhatsApp. You can use any file manager for Android to do this task, or from Windows.
- Uninstall original WhatsApp app from Android device.
- Install OGWhatsApp in Android smartphone.
- Once installed, remember to verify your old number that was previously registered with original WhatsApp to OGWhatsApp.
- Now re-install the official WhatsApp for other number from Google Play Store.
Android app that allows you to have two separate WhatsApp accounts on single Android device, but this app requires Android smartphone be rooted. However, users cannot access the other profile from their current profile because each account within the multiple profiles will have its settings, applications, and data.
- Root your Android device.
- Make sure that you have WhatsApp app installed on smartphone.
- Install SwitchMe Multiple accounts on smartphone.
- Run SwitchMe Multiple accounts, it will ask for Superuser request that you need to grant.
- Now create a user profile with your name in SwitchMe app. This profile will be an administrator account containing all the current apps and settings, and will also reflect your WhatsApp profile that is already installed on smartphone.
- Now create another profile using a different name by tapping on the Create Profile button in SwitchMe app, and then choose the Switch option by selecting this account.
- Now your smartphone will restart automatically and once it is ready to use, install official WhatsApp app again from Google Play Store and register it for the different phone number.
Now you can use multiple WhatsApp accounts on single Android smartphone. Free version of SwitchMe Multiple accounts app allows you to use only two user account.