IT agility as the extent to which your IT capability including IT people, processes, and tools increases your organisation’s performance. The greater IT agility the higher business performance. It has to do with how well the flexibility of your IT people, processes, organizational configuration, governance mechanisms and tools facilitate and accelerate the workflows within your IT organization to enable expected business performance.
Five Recommendations for Implementing IT Agility:
- Take advantage of a structured agile approach for IT operating model transformation
- Start by involving your organization (or client) IT leadership in workshops for capturing the executive vision and underlying business drivers
- Leverage a use case diagram to discuss the IT operating model
- Always involve IT folks including Application Developer, Service Transition and IT Operation experts in the service catalog and SLA definition workshops
- Take advantage of the industry’s proven IT service management frameworks including IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), IT Service Capability Maturity Model (CMM), and eSourcing Capability Model for Client Organization (eSCM-CL)