SZ DJI Technology Co unveiled the smallest and cheapest DJI Spark drone, designed to fit on the palm and can be controlled with motion gestures, go up to 10 feet to take over-the-top pictures and videos. Spark’s companion app can increases the drone’s maximum reach to about 300 feet. Analog remote lets you have control of the drone for roughly 1.3 miles.
Key Features of DJI Spark drone:
- Mini camera with 12-megapixel sensor (1/2.3-inch CMOS)
- Supported 1080 full HD resolution
- 2-axis mechanical gimbal for stabilization
- Dual band GPS GLONASS sensor
- 3D depth-sensing
- Vision-position systems that can detect objects and environments for up to 16 and 96ft, respectively.
- Color option including Alpine White, Sky Blue, Meadow Green, Lava Red, and Sunrise Yellow.
- Lightweight, weighing around 10.6 ounces / 300 g
- Dimension: 143×143×55 mm
- Total flying time maximum up to 16 minutes on a single charge
- 720p real-time video transmission from up to 2 km away.
- QuickShot Modes: Rocket, Dronie, Circle and Helix.
- Compress video to share on social media
- Return to Home (RTH) button
— DJI (@DJIGlobal) May 24, 2017
We want this drone to be people’s first experience with drones,” Perry said in an interview. “We’ve put a lot of intelligence in the system so that anybody can get it into the air and have a reliable experience.
Michael Perry, DJI’s head of strategic partnerships, said.
Pre-order start today at $499 and will start shipping from June 15. Spark Fly More Combo bundle is available for $699 includes DJI Spark drone, two batteries, four pairs of propellers, a remote controller, propeller guards, a charging hub, a shoulder bag, and all necessary cables.