- Make the URL shorter: URLs ranking #1 have 50 characters on average.
- Add content types they haven’t: Include graphics, animations, interactivity, and / or video. Interactive content converts 2x better than static content.
- Create a better title: CTR has a .67 correlation with ranking.
- Make it simpler to read: The average Flesch Readability score of content ranking #1 was 76.5 (easily understood by 13- to 15 year old students).
- Make it better structured: Users want their answers fast. Content ranking #1 had a bulleted list 78% of the time.
- Make the font bigger: Pages ranking #1 had 15.8px font on average.
- Make it faster: On average, pages ranking 1 – 2 had the smallest max image file size of the top 30 results.
- Make it more visual: The average article ranking #1 has 9 images.
- Source professional photos: High quality images get 121% more shares.
- Include an image every 75 – 100 words: These articles get the most shares.
- Use floating share buttons: Floating share buttons increase social traffic by 27%.
- Include a tall image: The average page ranking #1 has 12,000 pins, and 800px tall images get 57% more pins than average. Also, tall images (infographics) make it easier for outside sites to link to your content.
- Make it more linkable / shareable: Pages ranking #1 have more links and shares than competing pages.
- Link out: Sites ranking #1 link out 50% more than position 10. Reaching out to 3 – 5 people mentioned on your post can increase shares by 3 – 5x
- Make it longer: The average resource ranking #1 has 2,416 words.
It takes hard work to make your career a success and you really need to apply yourself during your 9 to 5. But what about on your lunch break? Most get an hour during the working day, so that’s five hours a week! Here are a couple of ways in which you can use those precious hours to shorten your journey to the top:
Continue reading “Ten Things Successful People Do During Their Lunch Breaks”
People are looking for small businesses. In fact, 32% say they shop at one at least once a week! To help small businesses better connect with all of the people who want to find them, Vistaprint Digital asked 2,000 consumers how they discover new places to shop, and how they engage with the businesses they visit. Do you know how your customers find you?
Continue reading “How Do Customers Find You?”
Mistakes are inevitable in the high-volume, high-frequency, high-complexity world of email marketing. Yet correction and apology emails are quite rare. In the article, we take a look at why that’s a sign of undiagnosed problem.
Continue reading “Email Marketing Mistakes Going Undetected”
Effective marketing is a core activity for any successful business, and for marketing to be effective, it needs to prompt optimum customer engagement in the right manner and at the right time. The choice between marketing via SMS, email and mobile apps is often a crucial one for businesses.
Continue reading “Customer Engagement Strategies Analysed for SMS, Apps and Email”