Updated December 15, 2022: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps are making some changes to the Cloud App Catalog as part of improving the scoring of Apps.
1) As part of the changes, the following non-relevant/redundant indicators are being removed from the catalog:
- Consumer Popularity Index
- Safe Harbor
- Jericho Forum Commandments
- Heartbleed patched
- Protected against DROWN
2) The following indicators are being removed from the score calculation; however, they will continue to be presented in the catalog for information and will also continue to be available in Filters.
- Domain Registration
- FedRAMP level
3) Indicator “Disaster Recovery Plan” is being moved from “General” to “Security” section
4) Indicator “SSAE 16” is being replaced with “SSAE 18”.
When this will happen
Standard Release: We will begin rolling out mid-January 2023 (previously mid-December 2022) and expect to complete it by late January 2023 (previously late December 2022).
How this will affect your organization
Due to the above changes, the risk score of some applications might change and new alerts might trigger if customers have created discovery policies based on total score of apps or removed indicators. Also, any existing policies that were created based on the removed indicators will also be removed
What you need to do to prepare
Therefore, please review your existing discovery policies and modify them or create new policies as needed.
Message ID: MC467232
Product: Defender, Defender for Cloud Apps, Microsoft 365 Defender
Platform: World tenant