We will be retiring the Reports landing page from the Microsoft Purview compliance portal by the end of December 2022.
How this will affect your organization
Once this change is implemented, you will no longer see Reports as an option in the left navigation of the Microsoft Purview compliance portal. Labeling and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) reports will continue to be accessible via the relevant pages within the Data Classification solution area as indicated below.
- Aggregate reports: Data Classification > Overview
- Detail reports: Data Classification > Overview
DLP rule match report: Data Classification > Activity Explorer (E5 license is required)
For other DLP reports, you can use the following cmdlets:
- Cloud App Security reports
For Cloud App Security reports, please visit the Microsoft Defender portal.
What you need to do to prepare
No action is needed to enable this change. You may want to inform users of the alternate locations for accessing these reports and update any documentation that references the retiring Reports page.
Access the Data Classification landing page in the Microsoft Purview compliance portal:
- Microsoft Purview compliance portal for WW and GCC cloud environments
- Microsoft Purview compliance portal for GCC-High cloud environments
- Microsoft Purview compliance portal for DoD cloud environments
Message ID: MC455898
Product: Defender, Defender for Cloud Apps, Microsoft 365 Apps, Microsoft 365 suite, Purview Communication Compliance, Purview Data Loss Prevention
Platform: US Instances, World tenant
Change type: User impact, Admin impact, Retirement