With “Excel Live”, you can share and collaborate with Excel workbook in a meeting. This is handy when you want to get work done with your colleagues in a meeting, it seamlessly turns the meeting window canvas to an Excel workbook collaboration without having to move between windows and screens. For e.g.: Budget sheet which needs input from all participants to collaborate, contribute, review and finalize.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 96099.
Collaborate easily in Teams with our new Excel Live feature. You can easily collaborate with all meeting participants on your Excel worksheet during the meeting. Select the file you want to share, grant permissions to meeting participants, and enable all meeting participants to edit the document right from the meeting window.
- While you are in a meeting, open Share tray and scroll down to Excel Live section
- Select the Excel workbook from the Most recently used file that you want to share and collaborate with others in the meeting. If you are not able to find the Excel workbook, you can also use “Browse OneDrive” or “Browse my computer” to select the workbook.
- Once the workbook is selected the share permission dialog will appear. Click share to provide access to people invited to the meeting.
- The file will be loaded for all participants in Teams meeting window and ready for editing.
When this will happen
Public: We will begin rolling out mid-October and expect to complete by late November.
How this will affect your organization
- Excel Live is supported on Desktop, Mac, and Mobile. Web support is coming soon.
- The feature is enabled by default. Specific IT admin controls will be available soon.
What you need to do to prepare
There is no action needed to prepare for this change. You may want to notify your users about this change and update any relevant documentation as appropriate.
Message ID: MC436423
Published: 21 September 2022
Updated: 21 September 2022
Cloud instance(s): Worldwide (Standard Multi-Tenant)
Platform(s): Desktop, Mobile