We’ve released updates to the following update channel for Microsoft 365 Apps: Current Channel Version 2206: June 29
When this will happen
We’ll be gradually rolling out this update of Microsoft 365 Apps to users on that update channel starting June 29th, 2022 (PST).
- Copy data from the status bar: Quickly copy information from aggregations like “Sum,” “Average,” and “Count” from the status bar. See details in blog post: Copy values quickly from the status bar in Excel for Windows
- Find your data faster: The AutoFilter function is now noticeably faster! These improvements were achieved by reducing memory usage and optimizing the calls made by the filter’s comparison algorithm. The optimizations are especially noticeable on low-end devices that have less memory or slower CPU-memory throughput. Learn more: Use AutoFilter to filter your data
- Speeding up Formula Entry: Excel has sped up entering a formula in a cell noticeably by reducing memory usage, making more efficient use of allocated memory, and optimizing redrawing. These optimizations are more noticeable on devices with slower Memory or slower CPU-Memory throughput as well as for larger cell ranges.
- Text Anchored Comments: As part of PowerPoint’s modern comments, customers will now have the ability to anchor comments to specific ranges of text.
- We fixed an issue where shared workbooks in .xls format may improperly merge changes.
- We fixed an issue where an AMSI scan would cause the app to close unexpectedly.
- We fixed an issue that caused Excel to close unexpectedly when showing live preview of a chart.
- We fixed an issue that prevented the Room Finder from loading in the GCC-High environment.
- We fixed an issue where users were not able to add room mailboxes to the calendar.
- We fixed an issue where changing the sensitivity label on a document while coauthoring with others might lose the picked sensitivity label.
- We fixed an issue where mandatory sensitivity labeling was not required for save-as when using browse to a location.
- We fixed an issue where nested fields in headers display incorrectly while scrolling.
- We fixed an issue where we attempt font downloads in cases they are known and expected to stop working during downloading, which results in unnecessary resources being used.
How this will affect your organization
If your Microsoft 365 Apps clients are configured to automatically update from the Office Content Delivery Network (CDN), then no action is required.
If you manage updates directly you can now download this latest update and begin deployment.
What you need to do to prepare
To get more details about this update view the following release notes: Current Channel
Message ID: MC395584
Published: 30 June 2022
Updated: 30 June 2022
Platform: World tenant, Windows Desktop