The June 2022 non-security preview release, referred to as our “C” release, is now available for Windows 11, Windows 10 version 1809. The preview update for other supported versions of Windows 10 will be available in the near term. Information about the contents of this update is available from the release notes, which are accessible from the Windows 11 and Windows 10 update history pages. To learn more about the different types of monthly quality updates, see our Windows quality updates primer. To be informed about the latest updates and releases, follow us on Twitter @WindowsUpdate.
Improvements and Fixes for Windows 11
- New! Introducing search highlights.
- New! Adds IP address auditing for incoming Windows Remote Management (WinRM) connections in security event 4262 and WinRM event 91. This addresses an issue that fails to log the source IP address and machine name for a remote PowerShell connection.
- New! Adds Server Message Block (SMB) redirector (RDR) specific public File System Control (FSCTL) code FSCTL_LMR_QUERY_INFO.
- New! Makes the SMB client and SMB server cipher suite order configurable using PowerShell.
- Addresses an issue that might cause an upgrade to Windows 11 (original release) to fail.
- Addresses an issue that displays Japanese characters incorrectly in PowerShell.
For instructions on how to install this update for your operating system, see the KB for your OS listed below:
- Windows 11, version 21H1 (original release): KB5014668
- Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server, version 1809: KB5014669
Message ID: MC394813
Published: 24 June 2022
Updated: 24 June 2022
Check before: 07 July 2022
Platform: Windows Desktop, World tenant