The April 2022 security update release, referred to as our “B” release, is now available for Windows 11 and all supported versions of Windows 10. We recommend that you install these updates promptly. For more information about the contents of this update, see the release notes, which are easily accessible from the Windows 11 and Windows 10 update history pages. For instructions on how to install this update on your home device, check this article. To learn more about the different types of monthly quality updates, see our Windows quality updates primer. To be informed about the latest updates and releases, follow us on Twitter @WindowsUpdate.
Highlights for the Windows 11 update:
- This update makes quality improvements to the servicing stack, which is the component that installs Windows updates.
- This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
Short on time? Watch our short monthly release notes video for a summary of this month’s Windows 11 updates.
For instructions on how to install this update for your operating system, see the KB for your OS listed below:
- Windows 11, version 21H2 (original release): KB5012592
- Windows 10, version 21H2: KB5012599
- Windows 10, version 21H1: KB5012599
- Windows 10, version 20H2, Windows Server, version 20H2: KB5012599
- Windows 10, version 1909, Windows Server, version 1909: KB5012591
- Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server, version 1809, Windows Server 2019: KB5012647
- Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016: KB5012596
- Windows 10, version 1507: KB5012653
- Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2: Monthly Rollup: KB5012670 / Security Only: KB5012639
- Windows Server 2012: Monthly Rollup: KB5012650 / Security Only: KB5012666
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1: Monthly Rollup: KB5012626 / Security Only: KB5012649
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2: Monthly Rollup: KB5012658 / Security Only: KB5012632
Message ID: MC357684
Created: 13 April 2022
Updated: 13 April 2022
Platform: Windows Desktop, World tenant