Currently available in public preview (as announced in MC334208), this new feature will enhance the Advanced eDiscovery Collections and Processing experience with three core updates, including updates to embedded items handling, a new collection setting to include partially indexed items, and additional document metadata for SharePoint content. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88881.
We’re enhancing the Advanced eDiscovery Collections and Processing experience with three core updates, including updates to embedded items handling, a new collection setting to include partially indexed items, and additional document metadata for SharePoint content.
When this will happen
Rollout will begin in mid-April and is expected to be complete by early May.
How this will affect your organization
eDiscovery admins can benefit from enhancements to the Collections & Processing experience in Advanced eDiscovery. Three core updates make up this set of enhancements:
Updates to embedded items handling
- In response to customer feedback and in order to improve the experience of reviewing case content, Advanced eDiscovery will no longer extract all embedded items from relevant case content, unless those items are attachments to messages. If the items are embedded, such as an email signature, the content will have optical character recognition (OCR) run on it, and the extracted text will be added to the parent item but will not be extracted into a separate file in the review set.
Partially indexed items included in collections
- Now eDiscovery admins can opt to collect partially indexed items from the additional sources of their collection to review and manage within the review set. This is a new collection setting option that can be selected at the time of committing the collection to the review set.
Additional document metadata for SharePoint content
- Additional document metadata will be added to SharePoint content to include the version number of the document and the last modified date per version. This will enable a closer experience to the end user view of version number and last modified in OneDrive for Business and/or SharePoint Online.
What you need to do to prepare
Access the Advanced eDiscovery solution in the Microsoft 365 compliance center.
- Microsoft 365 Advanced eDiscovery
- Embedded items handling
- Collect partially indexed items
- SharePoint versions metadata
Message ID: MC348212
Published: 28 March 2022
Updated: 28 March 2022