Updated May 17, 2022: Thank you for your patience during this data alignment effort.
After our last update to Teams related usage reports in M365 admin center (and graph APIs), we are now ready with improved underlying data source for usage reports available in Teams admin center too.
We are making an improvement to the underlying data source that powers the Teams User usage report and Teams Device usage report in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. We are also synchronizing this data source change to the similar reports that show up in Teams Admin Center. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 85542, 85540 and 83967.
We are changing the data source of the Teams user activity report and Graph API to align with the Microsoft Teams Admin Center and including additional data validation to provide you with a better report experience.
We are changing the data source of the Teams device usage report & Graph API to align with the Microsoft Teams Admin Center and including additional data validation to provide you with a better report experience.
Table of Contents
- Microsoft 365 suite
- Microsoft Teams
When will this happen
We’ll rollout this change in next few weeks across Teams admin center.
How this will affect your organization
As communicated during earlier update, Considering the data source for M365 admin center and Teams admin center will be same for all common Teams related usage reports –
- Metrics reported in individual reports will have common naming practices and parity across usage reports in two admin center.
- Individual metrics presented in each report will have same values.
- Last Refresh frequency of each report across above two surfaces will be same (no more refresh duration lag between two admin center)
- Common reporting duration – Besides M365 admin usage reports, 180 days of reporting usage data will be available for User activity report, Team usage report and Device usage report in Teams admin center as well.
How to prepare
You can continue to rely on the data available in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. We will update this announcement when the data source for the reports in the Teams Admin Center starts to match that of Microsoft 365 Admin Center. This change is part of our ongoing commitment to offer reliable and accurate reporting for product usage.
Thanks for your understanding and patience.
- Microsoft 365 usage reports: Microsoft 365 admin center activity reports – Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Docs (already updated with required changes)
- Teams usage reports: Microsoft Teams analytics and reporting – Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs (We’ll update it before the rollout is complete)
Message ID: MC343434
Published: 16 March 2022
Updated: 17 May 2022