The Briefing email from Microsoft Viva helps users start their day on track by surfacing information to prepare for upcoming meetings, follow up on outstanding tasks as well as protect time for independent work. Currently, the Briefing email is available for Microsoft 365 Enterprise users with Exchange Online mailboxes in English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French, German, Chinese Simplified and Japanese. Starting in March 2022, we are expanding to support Exchange Online mailboxes in the following languages:
- Norwegian (Bokmal)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Chinese Traditional
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88958.
The daily Briefing email from Microsoft Viva helps users start their day on track by surfacing information to prepare for upcoming meetings, follow up on outstanding tasks, and protect time for independent work. With this update, the Briefing email will be available in the following additional languages: Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Russian, Norwegian (Bokmal), Korean, Chinese Traditional, Polish, Turkish, Portuguese (Portugal), Thai, Hebrew, Czech, Arabic, and Hungarian.
- Exchange Online, Microsoft Viva
When this will happen
- Targeted release (select users and entire org): will roll out in late March and expected to be complete by early April
- Standard: will roll out in mid-April and expected to be complete by late April
Note: This feature has no dependencies on Viva Insights (formerly MyAnalytics) settings and will be enabled for all users by default.
How this will affect your organization
Once this change has rolled out, the Briefing email from Microsoft Viva will be supported in the languages stated above. Users in your organization who previously could not receive the Briefing email because their mailbox language was set to one of these 16 languages will now begin receiving the Briefing email. So, you may see an increase in the number of users receiving the Briefing email starting in March.
The Briefing email is a personalized brief in Outlook with important information on upcoming meetings and outstanding tasks, so you’re prepared for the day ahead. If there is an actionable suggestion, users will receive the Briefing email at the beginning of each workday; at least one actionable insight must be detected for there to be a daily mail.
This feature is enabled by default.
- Exchange Service Administrators or Company Administrators can disable this feature using Microsoft 365 admin center or PowerShell. Settings for the briefing email are available under “Briefing email from Microsoft Viva” in the Microsoft 365 admin center. These are separate and independent of the Viva Insights (formerly MyAnalytics) settings.
- Your users can opt-out of the Briefing email by selecting Unsubscribe, located near the bottom of all Briefing emails.
The customized email is only available to an end user; no administrator or manager can see another individual’s Briefing email. All data is stored inside the user’s mailbox. Briefing email is subject to the same GDPR compliance terms as Office 365.
What you need to do to prepare
Review and assess the impact for your organization. Additionally, you might consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate. Learn more about Briefing email from Microsoft Viva and how Microsoft protects your privacy.
Message ID: MC337331
Published: 28 February 2022
Updated: 28 February 2022
Major Change: False
#FeatureUpdate #UserImpact #AdminImpact #Viva