As announced MC295865 (November ’21) and at the Ignite Conference, Microsoft has brought Microsoft Cloud App Security under the Microsoft Defender umbrella, rebranding to Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps. You are receiving this message because our reporting indicates one or more users in your organization is using this product.
When this will happen
Product and UI changes began gradually from in early November and will continue into 2022.
How this will affect your organization
Cloud App Security joining the “Defender” family name reflects the integrated security capabilities Microsoft offers across identities, endpoints, applications, email, IoT, infrastructure, and cloud platforms.
There are no changes to the product aside from the name change, and no action is required.
What you need to do to prepare
- Ensure internal users and admin teams are aware of the changes.
- Ensure any internal support documentation is updated with the new names.
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Overview
- What’s new in Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps
- New Blog Post | Announcing Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps
Message ID: MC313291
Published: 11 January 2022
Updated: 11 January 2022
Plan For Change