Updated April 29, 2022: To ensure the optimal experience we have postponed the rollout to GCC-High and DoD organizations. We will communicate via Message center when we are ready to proceed. Thank you for your patience.
We will be updating guest user functionality within the Microsoft Teams app. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88430.
A guest user can now leave an org from Teams app account settings. A guest user can also choose to hide/show guest tenants from the Teams account settings.
*This is a re-post of MC300029 as it expired prematurely on the incorrect date and may not be visible to admins anymore.
When this will happen
We expect to begin rolling this out in early January (previously early December) and expect the rollout to be completed by late April (previously late January).
Note: The rollout is complete for Standard and GCC organizations. We have postponed the rollout to GCC-High and DoD organizations and will communicate via Message center when we are ready to proceed.
How this will affect your organization
We are making the following changes to the Teams client UI and there is no affect on guest user permission and/or access to resource.
- A guest user can now decline a pending guest invitation within Teams appWhen the guest user clicks Decline, Teams Tenant List will not show the tenant with the pending invitation and in the Account Management tab
- A guest user can now initiate leaving an org (taking the user to the portal where the user can now leave a guest tenant)When the guest user clicks Leave Org, user will be guided on how to leave a tenant from Teams and Azure Portal
- A guest user can now manage guest tenant list by choosing to hide/show guest tenantsWhen the guest user clicks Hide/Show, the tenant will be shown (or hidden) in the Menu under the tenant list.
What you need to do to prepare
No additional actions are required in preparation of this update.
Note: There is no affect on guest user permission and/or access to resource.
- How SMTP DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) works to secure email communications – Microsoft 365 Compliance | Microsoft Docs
- Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer
Message ID: MC302456
Published: 08 December 2021
Updated: 30 April 2022
Effective: 14 February 2022