Microsoft is enhancing the Active site experience in SharePoint admin center to include channel sites that are provisioned when a special channel is added to a Team. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 82161.
With growing adoption of Teams and Channels we heard your feedback to simplify management of Teams and Channel connected sites. So now, when you go to a teams-connected site in SharePoint admin center, you see all corresponding channel sites and can ensure that right optional security policies are inherited from the parent site.
Enhancements included in this release:
- New Teams view that filters the sites list to only sites that are Teams connected.
- New column identifying the site is connected to teams.
- New column identifying the team connected site has associated Private or Shared channel sites.
- Additional entry points from Teams connected site info panel
- All new Active sites pivot showing the channel sites associated to the teams connected site.
- The pivot includes a list of channel sites that are associated to the Teams connected site. This list will only include Private sites as of now and will expend to include other special sites in the future. Channel are view only and inherit properties from Teams that are managed in Teams admin center.
- New Type column that accessible from the new Active Sites pivot.
- Ability to manage Channel site storage limit.
When this will happen
Microsoft expects to begin the rollout in early December and expect to complete the rollout by late January.
How this will affect your organization
Historically, channel sites have been only accessible through PowerShell and through the Teams client app. With these enhancements admins can now access channel sites through SharePoint admin center UX as well.
What you need to do to prepare
No special preparation is required. Once the enhancements are available in your tenant you will be able to start using them immediately, without any impact to your day-to-day experience.
Message ID: MC302224
Published: 07 December 2021
Updated: 07 December 2021
Effective: 24 January 2022
#SharePoint #AdminImpact #NewFeature
Plan For Change