We’re updating Microsoft Secure Score improvement actions to ensure a more accurate representation of security posture.
When this will happen
We expect to begin rolling this out to customers in mid-December and expect the rollout to be completed by late December.
How this will affect your organization
Improvement actions that are being added, removed or updated in Secure Score could potentially change the overall organizational score.
The following improvement actions will be added:
- Turn on Safe Attachments in block mode
- Do not allow Exchange Online calendar details to be shared with external users
- Turn on Safe Documents for Office Clients
- Turn on the common attachments filter setting for anti-malware policies
- Ensure that there are no sender domains allowed for Anti-spam policies
- Create Safe Links policies for email messages
- Create zero-hour auto purge policies for malware
- Turn on Microsoft Defender for Office 365 in SharePoint, OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams
- Create zero-hour auto purge policies for phishing messages
- Create zero-hour auto purge policies for spam messages
- Block abuse of exploited vulnerable signed drivers
- Turn on scanning of removable drives during a full scan
What you need to do to prepare
There is no action you need to take to prepare for this change, but you may consider reviewing the improvement actions that are being added, removed or updated.
Message ID: MC299403
Published: 19 November 2021
Updated: 19 November 2021
Effective: December 13, 2021
#FeatureUpdate #AdminImpact #365Apps
Plan For Change