Updated May 19, 2022: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Updated April 29, 2022: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Now you will no longer have to see the text flipped. Imagine a scenario in which a primary school teacher has a small whiteboard in hand and is trying to teach school kids basic alphabets. Or imagine you have a virtual background with text in it. While the user on the other end of the meeting can see the text correctly, you see the text flipped. By providing you the option to un-mirror, you will be able to see the text correctly. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 89015.
Mirror my video feature provides the user the option to un-mirror their video and thereby have the same view as the other users(s) in the meeting. By un-mirroring their video, the user will see the text correctly. No more flipped text in backgrounds or while holding a small whiteboard while teaching primary school kids. This feature is helpful in gallery, large gallery, ppt-content only sharing, and ppt-live scenarios.
This feature will be helpful at the following locations:
- Large gallery
- Preview videos
- PowerPoint sharing – content only
- PowerPoint live
The feature will roll out for Windows and macOS desktop client.
When this will happen
- Standard: We will begin rolling this out in late January (previously mid-November) and expect to complete rollout end of February (previously late January). – Complete
- GCC: We will begin rolling this out in late January (previously early December) and expect to complete rollout end of February (previously late January). – Complete
- GCC-H: We will begin rolling this out in mid-April (previously mid-February) and expect to complete rollout early May (previously late May). – Complete
- DoD: We will begin rolling this out late May (previously mid-May) and expect to complete rollout mid-June (previously late May).
How this will affect your organization
This option provides the user the option to un-mirror their view and thereby see text correctly.
- To benefit from the un-mirrored view, users will have to set the toggle to Off.
The default will be Mirror my video to on i.e. how currently the users see themselves without this feature (mirrored).
What you need to do to prepare
You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.
Message ID: MC298410
Published: 16 November 2021
Updated: 19 May 2022
Effective: 03 January 2022