Microsoft Teams provides several different ways to deliver meeting experiences. Selecting the right option depends on factors like expected attendance numbers and required capabilities. To follow up on an earlier communication (MC282774 -Sept), Microsoft would like to clarify the guidance around which experiences to use for meetings and events above 1,000 users. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 65952.
Microsoft Teams: 20,000 attendee view-only broadcast
When attendees exceed the meeting limit, the meeting will scale to accommodate up to 10,000 in an view-only experience. And during this time of increased remote work, users can take advantage of even larger 20,000-person broadcasts through the end of 2021.
When this will happen
This feature is available now
How this will affect your organization
For larger meetings, and especially for any meeting over 1,000 attendees, Microsoft recommends using Teams Live Events. Microsoft also recommends using Teams Live Events for meetings involving a mixer, video feeds, or other more complex setups. Teams Live Events is a broadcast-style experience for sharing audio, video, and screen sharing for up to 10,000 view-only attendees (We have increased this limit to 20,000 view-only attendees until the end of this year).
- It includes Q&A and attendance report capabilities, and integrates with enterprise CDN (eCDN, or Enterprise Content Delivery Networks) providers.
While it is possible to use the new Teams “View Only Experience” for meetings with more than 1,000 attendees, it does not currently provide;
- An attendance report
- Q&A capabilities
- eCDN support
- The production capabilities of Teams Live Events
Note: Over time, Microsoft will add more capabilities to the Teams View Only Experience.
What you need to do to prepare
- For more information on Teams Live Events, visit this page: What are Microsoft Teams live events?
- For more information on the Teams View Only Experience, visit this page: View-only meeting experience
- For guidance on when to use the View Only Experience or Teams Live Events, visit this page: Quick start – Meetings, webinars, and live events
- Please contact the Live Events Assistance Program (LEAP) for any guidance and assistance on any type of Teams large meeting or event: https://aka.ms/LiveEventAssist
Message ID: MC297608
Published: 11 November 2021
Updated: 28 March 2021
#FeatureUpdate #UserImpact #AdminImpact #MicrosoftTeams