This update will bring four new SharePoint site templates to retail customers, non-profits, and healthcare organizations. The updates will allow organizations to better track, manage information, and collaborate. This will rollout across desktop, web and mobile. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 85659.
New vertical site templates coming to SharePoint including nonprofit volunteer center, retail management, store collaboration and healthcare hospital collaboration.
- SharePoint Online
When this will happen
- Targeted release: will begin rolling out in mid-November (previously mid-October) and be complete by late November (previously late October).
- Standard release: will begin rolling out in early December (previously early November) and be complete by mid-December (previously mid-November).
How this will affect your organization
As SharePoint site owner, you will see the below new templates when you open the template gallery. You can choose to preview those templates and apply them if needed.
- Retail: The new retail management and store collaboration templates allow retail customers to manage the store operation more efficiently and foster a better collaboration environment.
- Non-profit: The new volunteer centertemplate will allow organizers to point volunteers to one place to find key information, access learning materials, and connect with other volunteers.
- Healthcare: The new healthcare collaboration template will allow medical practices and healthcare agencies with a safe, secure way to share information that can help you provide better patient care and reduce operational costs.
Note: The new templates are optional and existing sites will not change.
What you need to do to prepare
You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.
Message ID: MC291893
Published: 15 October 2021
Updated: 11 November 2021
Effective: October 29, 2021
#UpdatedMessage #FeatureUpdate #UserImpact #SharePoint