The left navigation in Teams admin center will be reorganized to make it easier for you to find content and navigate through Teams admin center. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 83320.
To make it easier to find Team’s features and navigate your Teams organization, we reorganized the left navigation based on user studies and customer feedback.
- Microsoft Teams
When this will happen
We will begin rolling this out to Teams admin center by mid-September and expect to complete the rollout by late September 2021.
How this will affect your organization
We are updating the Teams admin center based on customer feedback, user studies, and community involvement. This change to left navigation organizes the Teams admin center into more closely related features. Plus, it makes it easier for you to find relevant and related tasks to complete set up and deployment within Teams admin center.
Key changes in this update include
- Teams section will be updated to include all pages related to Teams and Channels, Teams templates and Teams client. New additions to this section are, Teams settings page, Teams update policies page and Teams upgrade settings page.
- Users section is a newly introduced section that will include all aspects of User management.
- The current Users page will be renamed as “Manage Users”.
- Guest access, External access pages will now be found under the Users section.
- Teams devices
- Devices section will be renamed as “Teams devices” to clarify its purpose. In addition, we are renaming the following pages to ensure consistent branding of Teams devices: -“Teams Rooms” will be renamed as “Teams Rooms on Windows”
- “Collaboration bars” will be renamed as “Teams Rooms on Android”
- “Teams panels” will be renamed as “Panels”
- “Teams displays” will be renamed as “Displays”
- “IP phones” will be renamed as “Phones”
- Voice section will be updated to contain all pages related to Teams Telephony, Teams Voice applications and corresponding policies.
- New additions to this section are Holidays page and Resource accounts page.
- Analytics & reports
- Analytics & reports section will be updated to include all pages related to reporting and analytics.
- Reporting labels page and Call quality dashboard will now be located under the Analytics & reports section.
What you need to do to prepare
You might want to notify your Teams administrators about this change and update your training and documentation as appropriate.
Message ID: MC280292
Published: 23 August 2021
Updated: 23 August 2021
Effective: September 13, 2021